FA Cup third round draw | Page 2 | Vital Football

FA Cup third round draw

It was a great day out...but if I remember...we had 1 shot all game..and that was well wide...Drogba ran the show...while Bennett kicked the fuck out of anyone who went near him...much to the delight of Mourinho

Apparently we have knocked out the holders on five of the last six times we have faced them.

I didn't know that. I imagine it must go back to about 1948 mind you.

Chelsea won it last year didn't they?

Apparently we have knocked out the holders on five of the last six times we have faced them.

I didn't know that. I imagine it must go back to about 1948 mind you.

Chelsea won it last year didn't they?

Do you know what Pope i can remember Cup winners from the 70s and 80s but honestly can't remember who won it last year.

Hey - If they don't put their first 11 out and play a lot of fringe players -
Who Knows - remember who said it!!!!

Someone like Preston away or Norwich away would have been the worst draw. An utter bastard to get through and not even interesting to watch.

At least we can have a go at a top team without worrying about defeat. I wouldn't put it past this Karanka side to nick one and then defend Raukes Drift for 90 minutes. Who knows.

See Derby get one of the easiest PL teams possible at home. Getting ready for another game against Man Utd in the next round no doubt

I think you'll find the correct name is Frank Lampard's Derby County.

Do you know what Pope i can remember Cup winners from the 70s and 80s but honestly can't remember who won it last year.

That's because the cup was on par with the league in terms of prestige back then.

Now, it's a borderline irrelevance and inconvenience.

Personally, I think the whole competition should have been scrapped after Scumchester United thought they were too big to play in it.

The prestige of the FA cup is far bigger nowadays with it being considered the best domestic cup competition in the world in these growing markets. Talk of scrapping it would have been quite silly, if anything alllow a team to not enter with a proviso they cant get back in for ten years :)

The prestige of the FA cup is far bigger nowadays with it being considered the best domestic cup competition in the world in these growing markets. Talk of scrapping it would have been quite silly, if anything alllow a team to not enter with a proviso they cant get back in for ten years :)

I think the best solution would have been to say to Man U, "fine, but you can never play in it again you knuts."

The F.A Cup seemed far more prestigious in the 70s and 80s as far as i'm concerned .
I can remember it taking up pretty much the whole Saturday when it was on with various other shows about it and all the build up . Great memories.
Once Forest go out i couldn't give a fuck about it nowadays.
I can't even remember the last final i actually watched.

The F.A Cup seemed far more prestigious in the 70s and 80s as far as i'm concerned .
I can remember it taking up pretty much the whole Saturday when it was on with various other shows about it and all the build up . Great memories.
Once Forest go out i couldn't give a fuck about it nowadays.
I can't even remember the last final i actually watched.

True that. When I didn't have a telly in late 70s early 80s I used to listen to FA Cup Finals on the radio, regardless of who was in them. Don't even bother with highlights these days, once Forest are out.

Yes, when I used to watch the highlights in semaphore I was exactly the same.

Now I pick up the odd bit of round 5 in morse code, but largely ignore it and concentrate on my diatom arranging