FA Cup Replays | Page 5 | Vital Football

FA Cup Replays

To make matters worse, I’ve just read that Spurs and Newcastle are playing a friendly 3 days after the premier league finishes. Player welfare my arse.

.....its worse than making matters worse.
The game is at the MCG Melbourne, Australia!!

I deliberately didn't watch Man City v Chelsea on tele as a protest. But should I watch the other semi as Coventry represent the EFL?

Premier League and the top clubs especially, want to fix everything about the FA Cup in their favour and Man Utd. still only just hold on to embarrass their way to a final.

Pathetic and hilarious in equal measure, not least the Man Utd players giving it the Billy BB's in the penalty shoot out -revolting club, joke fans.

Hard luck Coventry, the moral winners on the day.

Given that the PL and NL apparently had their own meeting last week, perhaps not surprising that the NL have come out in favour of ditching replays...

Not much (anything?) from Championship sides.

Premier League and the top clubs especially, want to fix everything about the FA Cup in their favour and Man Utd. still only just hold on to embarrass their way to a final.

Pathetic and hilarious in equal measure, not least the Man Utd players giving it the Billy BB's in the penalty shoot out -revolting club, joke fans.

Hard luck Coventry, the moral winners on the day.
Watching the Man U fans storming out pre-var on the fourth goal, and then reappearing and scuttling back to their seats when it was disallowed summed their support up nicely.

Don't think we've had a replay since the Ipswich one and before that we'd had loads of replays.
Don't see the need to remove them before the big boys enter the cup.

Last edited:
The FA are always open to new ideas. They've decided it's a good idea to kick off the cup final at 3.00 on a Saturday afternoon. Whatever next?

The FA are always open to new ideas. They've decided it's a good idea to kick off the cup final at 3.00 on a Saturday afternoon. Whatever next?
But the week before the Premiership finishes. They need to work on this stuff a bit more.

But the week before the Premiership finishes. They need to work on this stuff a bit more.
Sounds like a deflection to distract from the flak they previously got for having the PL finale after the FA Cup Final - aka the traditional curtains down on the season.

'We'll let them have a 3pm kick off and perhaps no one will notice it's before the PL finishes again'.

I think not.

Tony Kleanthous, sounds like a cut-price dodgy Yorkshire accountant.
Accepting cash and advice from the not at all dodgy Ken Bates lol.
The man who bought Chelsea for £1 in 1989.

Funny how Kleanthous doesn't consider the concept of drawing away in the first tie and bringing them back.

Still it's all about Tony, he bought Barnet in case anyone missed it. I don't think he ran this one past the fans before posting. He would fit in well at the FA.