FA Cup Replays | Page 2 | Vital Football

FA Cup Replays

From what I have read that there will be no replays next season from the 1st round onwards to support the teams in the UEFA competitions, I presume that all of the 92 PL/EFL clubs will be joining the competition in the 1st round.

If they are still joining in the 3rd round, how is scrapping the replays for the 1st & 2nd rounds going to help the clubs in the UEFA comps?

"
In its current format, the FA Cup has no replays from the fifth round onwards, but the FA says the move to eliminate them from an earlier stage has been made "in light of changes to the calendar driven by the expanded Uefa competitions".
"
the statement makes no sense. so you look for the reason for the fudged explanation... and 'changes to the calendar' from a different area entirely to 'expanded uefa competitions'

coincidence (no i don't think so either) that this is announced around the same time as sky prepare to televise more efl league games, therefore 'changing the calendar' in the efl league area?
Are they finally moving to the Julian calendar?

So much for fan consultation, I'm sure the majority of EFL fans will be against this and a fair few Premiershite fans will be too. Is there nothing the EFL can do about this, if they want to?

So much for fan consultation, I'm sure the majority of EFL fans will be against this and a fair few Premiershite fans will be too. Is there nothing the EFL can do about this, if they want to.
How unreasonable - to expect that the EFL will do anything that will benefit the fans. That’s tantamount to suggesting that the fans are the important element of the game of football (would have written it in green, but I don’t know how)

The Premier League have spent some money to get rid of some games so PL clubs can spend more time playing in Europe/ go on money spinning trips to the USA etc. It absolutely stinks. I'd support any club attempt to boycott the FA Cup next season.
Fans have got to stand up against this. Its our game and they're taking it away from us.

732 clubs entered the FA Cup in 2023-24, yet this decision has been taken for the 'benefit' of half a dozen who may be out of Europe by the end of September anyway. Oh, and these clubs have literally dozens of players who could play in any competition they choose and not scratch the surface of their full squad.

Long live the six! Bollocks to the rest!

It is about time that the rest of football boycotted the Premier League.

Refuse to play them if drawn against them in a cup competition.

Do not pay to watch any Premier League football via any channel.

Give them all the abuse they deserve via every form of media at every opportunity.

As I have said so many times, the only people who bring the game into disrepute are the football authorities themselves.

FIFA, UEFA, IFAB, the 'English' FA, The Premier League, PGMOL and their cretinous VAR abomination... what a rogue's gallery that is!

Tranmere hitting the nail firmly on the head. Zero consultation with EFL clubs on this decision

Excellent statement, well done Tranmere. Something EFL clubs and those lower down the pyramid can rally around?

I would love a boycott of next season’s FA Cup a replay away at a big club can keep a small club going for a couple of seasons remember both Exeter and Burton having a replay at Old Trafford.

An absolutely disgraceful decision IMO.

Will it lead to small clubs ceding home advantage when drawn against big clubs in order to ensure a maximum pay day?

Every club outside the Premier League should immediately boycott the FA Cup and ruin their competition - kill it stone dead. Let's replace it with a competition just for every other club minus the 20. So what if there is no money in it? That is the way it is heading anyway. Let's take the initiative right now and try to take the game off these selfish bastards and give it back to the people who used to love the game before greed destroyed it.

Kick the Premier League out of English football - they aren't English clubs anymore anyway. Let's get rid of them - what a turnup for the books that would be!

Get rid of the WSL which is just as embarrassing and greed-obsessed.

Could we start an alternative version of the FA and gain FIFA affiliation?

There must be a multitude of ways in which football can fight back. The fans just need to join together.

Pretty disgraceful behaviour from what we all know is a weak FA that just bends over and kisses the PL’s arse. No surprise they didn’t consult the majority of the competitors.

Hang your heads in shame.

I boycott the premiershite anyway but up for any action suggested to protest this. I have wanted shot of the bigger clubs for years.