FA cup replays - gone | Page 5 | Vital Football

FA cup replays - gone

The EFL SHOULD boycott it as one but each club has it's own agenda so i doubt this would ever happen.

IF it did i think this would be effective.

On the other hand, our magical cup run in 2000 could have ended a lot sooner if it wasn't for replays.
I think the replays we had took their toll to be honest. We world probably have beaten Chelsea if the players weren’t so knackered from playing Cheltenham and Walsall.

And who knows if Cheltenham had beaten us on penalties in round 1 they might have gone on to lift the trophy. How’s that for magic?

I think the fa cup resembling the EFL trophy would do more to destroy its magic than doing away with replays.
But its not just the replays. Games will be spread across 4 days instead of just the traditional saturday so not so easy for away fans and the kicker is that the final will not be the curtain closer to the season anymore so its demotion of the competition at every level.

Saw a good one on Facebook.

If EPL teams want to do away with draws, easy. Any EPL team draws with a lower league team, no replay. The tie is automatically declared a win to the lower side and they progress. Sorted 👍

Might make the EPL side play their strongest and best XI too rather than taking the p!ss.

But its not just the replays. Games will be spread across 4 days instead of just the traditional saturday so not so easy for away fans and the kicker is that the final will not be the curtain closer to the season anymore so its demotion of the competition at every level.

You do realise I’m not an FA spokesperson trying to tell everyone that the FA is the greatest thing since sliced bread.

I haven’t read about games being spread evenly across 4 days. That would be worse than removing replays for me.

Facebook.

If EPL teams want to do away with draws, easy. Any EPL team draws with a lower league team, no replay. The tie is automatically declared a win to the lower side and they progress. Sorted 👍

That’s one level further into Mickey Mouse territory than Disneyland.

You do realise I’m not an FA spokesperson trying to tell everyone that the FA is the greatest thing since sliced bread.

I haven’t read about games being spread evenly across 4 days. That would be worse than removing replays for me.
Thought they must have consulted you first lol.

Thought they must have consulted you first lol.

They did consult me to be fair.

‘Consult the EFL, their clubs and the Non League ones too’ I said.

‘But their opinion doesn’t matter’ they said.

‘I know that but if they don’t feel like they’ve been consulted they’ll throw a hissy fit. This needs a thorough feasibility consultation process into the pros and cons with input from all stakeholders’ said I.

‘That’ll take ages’ they said.

‘The best decisions are correct ones not quick ones’ I replied.

We reached an impasse. I suggested we reconvene in a few days time.

As is the new norm, they declined this offer and opted to go to extra time and penalties there and then. There was only one of me and three of them.

This already happened this year, only for one round mind. But ironically it was for the round that replays were scrapped from too. All games played midweek. How’s that for underhand planning.

most of the football world - “can’t believe you’re scrapping replays and spreading the games over 4 days. This is destroying the game and it’s traditions”

FA/PL clubs/other heartless bastards- “ we already did is for the fifth round of this years competion. And no one moaned. Fucking lump it”