FA cup replays - gone | Page 3 | Vital Football

FA cup replays - gone

Joe comper has also backed the campaign against our masters, maybe its time for our club to put out an official statement.

And these are the people saying we don't need a regulator.

We like to claim that we invented football and in a sense we did. We invented the knockout cup competition (The FA Cup the first in the world) and the league table with it's basic simplicity enlivened by endless computations and daily changes.

This bunch of wreckers are literally destroying the very competitions that built the game. If left to their own devices they'll pull the house down. This way lie a proliferation of competitions without focus and little true competition.

I too remember the days when the FA Cup was an actual event, it was the seasons curtain closing and loved by many.

It has been diluted by those who don’t understand the importance of it, that it gives little clubs like ours reason to dream. That replays can often sustain a club for a season or perhaps two. Those in charge have not a thought for us bottom feeders, we make them no money.

And that’s how we’re repeatedly seen and our clubs are treated. If I could vote to kick them out then I would, but we all know money speaks.

They probably could, but then PL sides could refuse to loan their players out in favour of sending them abroad (benefitting neither side really), and it creates a vicious cycle.

Hopefully upon reflection someone sensible reviews the situation and reinstates replays for, say, the first three rounds. Thereafter most lower league teams are out anyway. I think that would be a reasonable compromise.
That’s reasonable and also probably what they’ve been planning all along with this stunt.

the vast majority of football fans in this country support teams outside the premier league, yet...

The PL teams have huge squads but wanted 5 substitutions per game to preserve their stars energy so that was brought in everywhere.

They wanted VAR so that was brought in.

They wanted a winter break

On weekends where there are no premier league games the bbc doesnt have a results show, cause obviously no pl games means no football!

When the top teams have a break they are flying around the world playing lucrative friendlies in places like China and Dubai.

They have treated the fa cup with disdain for years playing weakened teams etc.

Now they are dictating the FA Cup formatting.

Hope EFL take a stance.

Gradually the premier League is chipping away and getting what they want with ease. Terrible and it has come to the point I am happy they all apart from Villa got knocked out of their dream competition this week. And if I mention to mates that I’m glad, they say, you’ve got to support the English club. It used to be the case, but they don’t give a damn of what’s around them.

Gradually the premier League is chipping away and getting what they want with ease. Terrible and it has come to the point I am happy they all apart from Villa got knocked out of their dream competition this week. And if I mention to mates that I’m glad, they say, you’ve got to support the English club. It used to be the case, but they don’t give a damn of what’s around them.
That’s kinda the point though.

I’ll bet all the English sides would still be in Europe if they hadn’t had to play all those pesky FA cup replays this season,

More cheapening of what was once THE greatest football competition in the world.
Premiership clubs don't respect it anymore.
Bigger earners in Europe for them now.

Seems a lifetime ago the final was a 3pm ko on the last Saturday of the football season. The country came to a standstill as we all went to someones house to watch it in a group right through from 10am.
Surprised they are still allowing the final to be played at Wembley.
Give it 5 years and the final will probably be in the USA, Dubai etc

Sadly, I don't think that's actually true
I can only go with my own experience, at my work there is a Newport County fan, a Forest Green Rovers fan, an Exeter City season ticket holder, two Barnsley fans, a Wycombe season ticket holder, Middlesbrough and Derby County.

There is one guy who watchrs Fulham and another who says he "used" to be West Ham.

But i suppose it depends on which part of the country you're from.

I can only go with my own experience, at my work there is a Newport County fan, a Forest Green Rovers fan, an Exeter City season ticket holder, two Barnsley fans, a Wycombe season ticket holder, Middlesbrough and Derby County.

There is one guy who watchrs Fulham and another who says he "used" to be West Ham.

And i have always liked the camaraderie which exists between those of us who support 'crap' teams.

Everyone will have their own experiences, however i expect the stats will bear out vastly in favour of premier league sides.

Attendance wise, it's 19.2m non prem vs 15.3m prem in 22/23, however can you imagine how many extra millions of fans there are who sit on the sofa watching their team on TV every weekend, who may only go 2/3 times a season.

Unfortunately, whilst we might call sofa fans "not real fans", they pay for a Sky and TNT subscription, and TV money is the main funder of football, so they are the fans who frankly matter more to those in charge at the top.