FA Cup Quarter Finals | Vital Football

FA Cup Quarter Finals

HerrLjunga

Vital 1st Team Regular
Watched Coventry - Wolves yesterday, Chelsea - Leicester earlier and now United - Liverpool. As a complete neutral all three matches have been hugely entertaining despite some questionable quality at times.

Some fantastic late goals too, reminded me how much I miss celebrating a crucial last minute goal for Gills. Not only that it made me acutely aware of how much dour, boring shit we've suffered in the last few years.

Last edited:
Diallo’s finish at the end there was what Ogie needed to do yesterday from a similar position / you don’t have to smash the ball at goal as hard as you can, just find the corner!

Watched Coventry - Wolves yesterday, Chelsea - Leicester earlier and now United - Liverpool. As a complete neutral all three matches have been hugely entertaining despite some questionable quality at times.

Some fantastic late goals too, reminded me how much I miss celebrating a crucial last minute goal for Gills. Not only that it made me acutely aware of how much dour, boring shit we've suffered in the last few years.
Coventry Wolves and then Man Utd Liverpool were both brilliant to watch

Totally agree. Drama all the way.
ps. Salford did Gills a favour by beating Morecambe today as well.

Didn’t Mark Robins save SAF from getting the sack about 35 years ago? Will be amusing if he now gets ETH the boot!

Diallo’s finish at the end there was what Ogie needed to do yesterday from a similar position / you don’t have to smash the ball at goal as hard as you can, just find the corner!
Ogie’s effort was from a far more acute angle. I thought he did well. Mahoney’s effort was over hit too.

Ogie’s effort was from a far more acute angle. I thought he did well. Mahoney’s effort was over hit too.
Yes I realise that, but there’s similarities- coming into the box on the left side, at an angle, aim for the corner, no need to blast it - the keeper can always fumble it if you hit the target or push it out for a tap in for someone else.

Yes agree about Mahoney. For me the one where he hit the post was his best chance, but he chose to go with the outside of his left foot rather than side foot it in with his right. When he went with his right foot later on it was the one he smashed over. If he could improve his finishing he’d be playing at a higher level than a League 2 loan with us.

In fact Mbappe has just scored a goal from a similar angle to Ogie’s chance too, I think most players can learn from him: