FA Cup 1/4s | Vital Football

FA Cup 1/4s

What a game agreed.......Coventry were superb. Best cup tie I have seen for a long time. We would struggle to live with them - Robins has done a fabulous job there.

What a game agreed.......Coventry were superb. Best cup tie I have seen for a long time. We would struggle to live with them - Robins has done a fabulous job there.
I really enjoyed that game and Coventry deserved to win,that's the 2nd gr8 game i've seen this week Bournemouth v Luton the other one.I agree Robins has done a very good job but i'll wait until i see our squad for next season before i write us off Germaine.UTB

Well Done Coventry! just a few years ago almost dead as a Do Do, could,nt even play at their own ground have gradually risen like Lazarus under Mark Robins, "Well Done Son!"

I'm not a fan of Cov and they definitely don't like us but they were fantastic yesterday. Robins has done a fantastic job, I could see them going up via the play offs. It just shows that you can lose your best player and become even better. You just need to recruit well.

I'm not a fan of Cov and they definitely don't like us but they were fantastic yesterday. Robins has done a fantastic job, I could see them going up via the play offs. It just shows that you can lose your best player and become even better. You just need to recruit well.
Best 2 players I’d say imagine that happening to you 😬

I was Highfield rd whe it got abandoned due to snow at halftime when we were 2 nil up.needless to say we lost the rearranged game.

They were brilliantly organised, energetic and positive....and yet their players are "nobodies". It just goes to show what good coaches/managers can do.

We under Wilder are now reverting back to hoofball. I hope this period is a trial for him and its not a given that he will continue next season. He has his methods, but are they really the right ones for us going forward?

Allus remember games against Coventry in the 60s, boring as f.ck and last game of the season in the early 90s, loads in fancy dress, coaches got bricked in the car park. Coming outa Coventry into the cuds, a few brain dead twats lobbing bricks at the mini bus. Screeched to a halt and after a boring 0-0 draw was worth the trip seeing Frankenstein and The Incredible Hulk chasing the Coventry brain deads across a farmers field!

They were brilliantly organised, energetic and positive....and yet their players are "nobodies". It just goes to show what good coaches/managers can do.

We under Wilder are now reverting back to hoofball. I hope this period is a trial for him and its not a given that he will continue next season. He has his methods, but are they really the right ones for us going forward?
We're lumbered ny some disastrous signings- some of his own making- and I think he's at a total loss.
I reckon he came back with the hopes of working a miracle but has found the squad unfit (stilll is), unreliable, unresponsive and totally unsuitable for the job in hand.
Rather than any creative, enterprising style he's just managing a club to minimise damage reputation ( unsuccessfully ATM) and , hopefully( big hope) will oversee as massive a clearout asis possible and start from scratch as he did in the 3rd division.

Difference is this time we are probably in a worse position player wise than when he came back before- worse in the sense that they cost much more, are less willing to adapt seemingly and don't have the desire a 3rd division journey man has to better themself. The bright spot is that so many ore out of contract ( as well as out of breath after 50 minutes!).

Has he got the stomach to turn it round again? Has he got the tactics or is he a one trick pony? Has he got the wherewithal to rebuild? Will he get the funds? Will he spit his dummy out again?
Can he manage expectations because anyone thinking we'll be nailed out to bounce back could be in for a very rude awakening? That's not to say we will expect it.

2 PL seasons in the last 5 years and we're a bigger basket case than any other club who's been in that position.

I'm watchin Chelsea v Leicester it's 2-2,my god i can't believe how shite Raheem Sterling has become,he's missed a pen and generally been poor.For all the money that they've spent Chelsea are rubbish.Chelsea score to mek it 3-2 in injury time.UTB

Last edited:
Some game that one don’t like manure but hate Liverpool and scousers more so happy to see them go out

3 of the 4 cup games this weekend have been very entertainin,the only one that wasn't was the City v Geordies game,cos it was a one sided game.Worra finish to the Manure v Whingers game,absolutely superb.Manure v Coventry,City v Chelsea un the semi finals.UTB

I can't believe Diallo gave his shirt away. He might never score a bigger goal in his career.

I can't believe Diallo gave his shirt away. He might never score a bigger goal in his career.
I think to get a yellow for takin his shirt off after scorin the winner is Pathetic,not blamin the ref,it's down the knobheads that make the rules who are tryin to take any emotion out of the game.UTB

Yep, that rule is unnecessary. Players shouldn't get a second yellow for it, at least.

But I was talking about him giving his shirt to a fan on his way down the tunnel. He'll probably regret that.

Yep, that rule is unnecessary. Players shouldn't get a second yellow for it, at least.

But I was talking about him giving his shirt to a fan on his way down the tunnel. He'll probably regret that.
Yeah i knew what you were meanin,i bet whoever he gave it too will be thinkin there's plenty of wonga to be had if/when he decides to sell the shirt.UTB