f.a. cup. | Vital Football

f.a. cup.

suffolkcanary

Vital 1st Team Regular
just wondered what the feelings were
on the likes of newcastle/west ham stating f*** the fa cup,the only priority is staying in the premiership.
ive got to say i agree but am ashamed to say so,
our great cup competition has been devalued so much,and what for ?...money
i can say with certainty that i dont want city to do a wigan,but are we never to dream of winning the cup ?

The FA Cup I must admit I do love it and would like to see us do well, but with the way Hugh has us going I'd rather we were out of it and staying in the prem.

Look at West Ham yesterday that was embarrassing and reminded me of Norwich - I think we are poor this season, but our saving grace might be that there are 4/5 other teams worse than us - Sunderland, Cardiff (might change as they have a new manager), Palace (might change as they have a new manager), West Ham, Villa (on a par with us) - Fulham (I'd say they are now a lot better than us because...they changed their manager)

sad though bears
but thats the way football has gone
i dont think its just cos we have all got older,but the fa cup is nowhere near what it was,i remember sitting in front of the tv at 9am on the morning watching bbc build up and not moving till 6pm!
macclesfield boss yesterday stated he wanted a replay v sheff wed when it was 1-1 rather than go out to win,for the cash it would bring
its all structured round tv companies now,even the draw was aired before the 3rd round was finished

and one of the ex players nearly dropped one of the balls as well as matt whathisname getting mixed up between stoke and southampton. The draw was a shambles.

I hink it was mad dog allen who nealry dropped one of the balls
and matt smith read out wrong team after one ball came out.

Just read that Bassong and Johnson have also picked up knocks and will be assessed for the Everton game? will we have any players for the game?

Never had much interest in Cup games since we won a cup and then went and got relegated . Made it all seem bloody pointless !

Here's the WestHam response I got from a friend on an American college football forum (we have some running non-football threads)...

It was a pretty horrific match. To be fair, though, 8/11 players that finished the match were U-21s, including a 17-year old center back and five other debutants. The central midfield three of Whitehead, Moncur, and American Seb Lleget are all U-21s.

Nottingham Forest is perhaps the most in-form team in the Championship, and they started the exact same team that plays week-in, week-out. The West Ham development side (captained by freaking Stu Downing, for God's sake) held their own for 60 minutes, and looked ready to tie it up until Paterson's first goal against the run of play. From there on out, it was a $#@!-show.

TL;DR: Was chaos -- and West Ham are in a dire spot -- but it wasn't like our senior team just got pummeled by Forest. We will, however, get pummeled at the Etihad on Wednesday no matter who we put out there.