Extra referee assistants. | Vital Football

Extra referee assistants.

seanbeanstattoo

Vital Football Hero
Random thought. Remember those extra referees assistants that were positioned on the goal lines at each end of the pitch whose sole contributions amounted to blocking the views of fans who'd paid a fortune to attend European ties. Those assistants that collectively not only made not a single decision but never once attempted to raise their flag or play any role whatsoever in the officiating of the game.
They've been very quietly removed. I say that because it's only watching a re run of the 2012 Champions Lge final between Chelsea and Bayern I notice them there.
Another inspired act of monumentally moronic decision making by UEFA. No idea when they were sacked off. Very much hoping VAR follows suit before the game disappears up its own arse.

Random thought. Remember those extra referees assistants that were positioned on the goal lines at each end of the pitch whose sole contributions amounted to blocking the views of fans who'd paid a fortune to attend European ties. Those assistants that collectively not only made not a single decision but never once attempted to raise their flag or play any role whatsoever in the officiating of the game.
They've been very quietly removed. I say that because it's only watching a re run of the 2012 Champions Lge final between Chelsea and Bayern I notice them there.
Another inspired act of monumentally moronic decision making by UEFA. No idea when they were sacked off. Very much hoping VAR follows suit before the game disappears up its own arse.
I think VAR's here for a good while yet Sean and i've said before if it was used correctly it would be gr8 in my view but as ya know the greatest Sport on earth is run by clowns for the most part.UTMPB