Expectations for the season? | Vital Football

Expectations for the season?

Bart Simpson

Vital Reserves Team
With the season just over a week away and the squad nearly complete what do we think would constitute success or failure this season?

Our recruitment has been excellent and so a top 3 finish is a more than realistic target. Cup run would be nice but think the biggest battle will be keeping everyone fully fit, as we have a number with recent injury woes.

If we can keep everyone and esp Akinde fit for the whole season, then I see no reason at all why we can't challenge for the title.

If we can get through, what might be, a tricky opening month in decent shape, an automatic spot could well be on the cards.

We have less width and a weakness on the left at the moment! I feel the style may be changing but not totally,heavy press but a bit more passing at times. Sometimes that can result in more losses at the start. Carrying a few crocks and older players but squad enhanced by them if we can keep them on the pitch. Bruno, Shay and Wharton are strong additions. How will the Cowley's deal with a top three expectation?. The league appears somewhat weaker than last year although if Notts County blow promotion after all the money they have spent!?

Success would be a top 7 finish again, we do have a real shot at the auto's this time I think.
A cup run in any one of them would be handy of course.

Success would be top 3 as you strive to improve upon the previous season.
Qualified success would be play offs
Cups are a bonus though very nice in keeping the money rolling in

Anything else would be a disappointment but unless its below 22nd not a disaster

Sorry, I thought this was a Lincoln site, not a Grimsby one. Why doesn't anyone else believe that we can finish top of this Division. Close your eyes and jump into the abyss. Believe. Believe. Believe. Up, up, the Imps and damn the rest.

Sorry, I thought this was a Lincoln site, not a Grimsby one. Why doesn't anyone else believe that we can finish top of this Division. Close your eyes and jump into the abyss. Believe. Believe. Believe. Up, up, the Imps and damn the rest.

42 years of expectation followed swiftly by a Broughton/Torpey/insert many other players moment bringing it all crashing down

I think that most considering a top 3 spot as the aim shows where we are compared to 24 months ago

CURRENTLY 11th in the table ,lost none won none ........expect improvement as the new signings bed in.

at least we are keeping clean sheets it`s the goals that appear to be the issue.

42 years of expectation followed swiftly by a Broughton/Torpey/insert many other players moment bringing it all crashing down

I think that most considering a top 3 spot as the aim shows where we are compared to 24 months ago

I get the past. I have lived it too. Do you see any of those "insert many other players" in our squad for 2018-19?

I will stand up and say we can aim that high, even if no-one else wants to believe we can. UTI.

Cautious optimism with me, however I wouldn't be averse to putting money on a top three, or indeed a top spot finish.

i think we have a much better team on paper than we had last season. Looking at the other teams in Division 2, it doesn't feel as strong as it did last season either. Still time yet for other teams to recruit, i know. But i've got to deduce that we should finish higher than 7th place this season.
Automatic promotion should be our goal, so top 3.
If we can improve on our ability to create chances and score goals, compared to last season, we will do very well.

If we sign another CM I can’t see us finishing anywhere lower than 2nd, significant improvements in goal, defence and strike so far. Still feel like Danny has another ace up his sleeve.