Expanded Stacey West | Vital Football

Expanded Stacey West

It will be very interesting to see the logistics of this without it being two tiered.
Assuming we keep the away fans housed in this stand, after segregation there won’t be a significant difference to the attendance

Guess it's the most viable capacity increase to go for, given the open space behind it.
Plus the seats themselves are looking very tired now. A nice bigger bright red Stacey West would be excellent.
Plus financially, it gives the best chance of increased revenues when the likes of Sunderland roll up (and roll over!).

Presume it could accommodate underneath, some good catering/bar type facilities to also earn extra money out of away supporters (and us lot when its home fans in it).

And...given it IS the Stacey West stand, it would be good if it could have a new memorial to our two fans who died at Bradford, along with all the Bradford fans who perished with them.

They could even take it round the corner or do something with the open space between the Stacey west and selenity stand , always thought the centre spot should've been this end of the ground

It will be very interesting to see the logistics of this without it being two tiered.
Assuming we keep the away fans housed in this stand, after segregation there won’t be a significant difference to the attendance
Wouldn't an exit at the Sincil Drain end of the SW allow for there to be segregation? Perhaps even a movable/removable barrier?

I had visions of a second tier along the lines of at Portman Road, and even at Old Trafford, with second tiers being built behind the existing lower and a new roof on top.

It's still really uncomfortable in the SW sitting on the old terraces. I would kind of like them to sort it out properly or start again - unless we go for some standing at the bottom? You then start thinking where to put away fans again though.

And it did feel hard work parking on Saturday - really do need to find some significant parking/park and ride that people will actually use before growing at all at SB.

Could see the end of the 3G and/or Playzone to create a bit more room for the club, which would be a shame for those who use it.

And it did feel hard work parking on Saturday - really do need to find some significant parking/park and ride that people will actually use before growing at all at SB.

Could see the end of the 3G and/or Playzone to create a bit more room for the club, which would be a shame for those who use it.
Playzone isn't even ours now is it? Or did we buy it back after selling back in 2016(?)?

Agree r.e. parking. The 4G area would make a nice car park but it's used, as far as I'm aware, for the academy training and probably brings in FA grants like most of them kind of community areas.

Agree r.e. parking. The 4G area would make a nice car park but it's used, as far as I'm aware, for the academy training and probably brings in FA grants like most of them kind of community areas.

They would need a decent exit route out on to South Park if they changed that pitch into a carpark. Can you imagine all that extra traffic trying to get through them backstreets.
It would be worse than getting out of scunnys car park.

They would need a decent exit route out on to South Park if they changed that pitch into a carpark. Can you imagine all that extra traffic trying to get through them backstreets.

Except at Scunny, you would also have had to endure watching a dreadful team in a dreadful "stadium".

In light of recent discussions regaring the fact that the club are actively looking into doubling the size of the Stacey West I thought I would do a slightly updated one of the previous graphic to give an idea of what it could look like in context of the ground.

View attachment 35468
Will this new stand be in position in time for the Europa/Champions league games.
I presume that the newly commissioned hotel/conference centre(The Dorrian Hotel) will infill the gap to the right hand side of this new structure.

Devising a plan that includes enhanced non footballing revenues,is an essential in any scheme going forward.

I'm thinking something that would replace the SW car park for hospitality/visitors.

Always think we've missed a window of opportunity with South Park access though with the new emergency services hub.

This option might seem obvious but I'm not too sure it would be as cheap as it looks.

To make the Stacey West larger without adding a second tier will basically make it a kop style stand, surely this would require a whole rework of the roof (adding a truss) and foundations to support a now taller and larger roof without having support posts block the view. Also, surely 3 or 4 entry positions would have to be added midway up the stand too, along with an interior section which I doubt would be cheap.

On top of that, the incline of the seats in the Stacey West seems quite shallow, so for space efficiency and to ensure the stand is not too far from the pitch they may have to steepen the stand.

If it did happen I feel it'd be less of an upgrade and more or less a whole rework of the Stacey West from a very basic stand to a co-op style stand.