Exeter forum | Vital Football

Exeter forum

Here's something surprising: Exeter have conceded a whopping 40 goals away from home in 25 games this season. Their total of 35 conceded in 23 league games is the worst in the top half of League Two. They have conceded 3 or more in a game 7 times.

Compare that to Lincoln's 29 in 28 games, or 25 in 23 league games.

That is a very significant difference and indicates that the tie could well be decided in the first leg if Lincoln can take their chances for once.

Last edited:
Here's something surprising: Exeter have conceded a whopping 40 goals away from home in 25 games this season. Their total of 35 conceded in 23 league games is the worst in the top half of League Two. They have conceded 3 or more in a game 7 times.

Compare that to Lincoln's 29 in 28 games, or 25 in 23 league games.

That is a very significant difference and indicates that the tie could well be decided in the first leg if Lincoln can take their chances for once.

And that is the crucial thing ScotImp. For once, if we could do that I would just love it.

I get the feeling that no one wants to meet us in the play-offs, beat Exeter and Wembley will seem like a home draw for us!

I get the feeling that no one wants to meet us in the play-offs, beat Exeter and Wembley will seem like a home draw for us!

I feel pretty sure we will be outnumbered at Wembley if we get there. It won't seem like it given how vociferous our fans will be.

Would we expect to take more or less fans to a Play Off Final than we did to the Checkatrade Final?

Quite heartening (and surprising) that there's seemingly so much negativity amongst the Exeter fans. That can only help our cause, especially if we take any kind of lead to their place and are solid in the first 20-25. We're at a disadvantage given the tiny number of away fans able to go, but that could mitigate that nicely.

Can in no way see a 4-0 on Saturday - Exeter have looked a decent side on the two occasions I've seen them this season. Any kind of win and I'll be delighted (as I am sure we all would).

Would we expect to take more or less fans to a Play Off Final than we did to the Checkatrade Final?

Quite a lot less I suspect. Most if not all the one time day trippers won't go plus a lot of the exiles who travelled great distances!

It's a lot of expense so soon after we have been I reckon about 15,000 to 17,000 if we get there again so soon!

Look at Southend when they played us 35,000 to the Trophy final and about 7,000 in the Play off final!

Quite a lot less I suspect. Most if not all the one time day trippers won't go plus a lot of the exiles who travelled great distances!

It's a lot of expense so soon after we have been I reckon about 15,000 to 17,000 if we get there again so soon!

Look at Southend when they played us 35,000 to the Trophy final and about 7,000 in the Play off final!
they didnt take 35,000... that was the total crowd. They played Blackppol so i guess Southebd took 20k. Id agree Lincoln would take just short of 20k for another Wembley trip.

There'll be an extra 50 because those that boycotted Checkatrade would be back. I agree there'll probably be a few thousand less overall though but I don't think quite as low as you.

Can in no way see a 4-0 on Saturday - Exeter have looked a decent side on the two occasions I've seen them this season. Any kind of win and I'll be delighted (as I am sure we all would).

Agreed.

I would be absolutely delighted if the Imps did take a 4-0 lead to St James Park, but I just don't see it myself. How many times have the Imps scored 4 this season, twice if memory serves.

we might not have scored 4 many times but it's surprising how many decent chances are there for the taking in each match, often for both teams. even on saturday when most people [even the management] seem to agree that we played badly, there were 3 good chances [the pen; palmer header from six yards straight at the keeper; rhead header against the bar] to add to the pett goal. yeovil also had 3 possible goal chances in the first half. exactly the same game could have ended 4-4 and been talked about as a crazyclassic.

I'd settle for a two goal cushion into the second leg, three would be huge grin territory ...... We can do it though! Good to know that we're regarded so highly by our opponents.

I live in Devon and work in Exeter and three of my work colleagues who are all Exeter fans think Lincoln will beat them over the two legs.
Got my ticket for the game at St. James' Park this morning, but I'll have to stand behind the goal with the Exeter fans.
I think we need to get our noses in front in the first leg if possible, Exeter are pretty good at home.
We can certainly capable of winning the tie.

If we won the first leg 4-0, that'd be a score line that I'd then consider watching the second leg on TV. Maybe.