Exeter City (a): Ticket Information | Page 2 | Vital Football

Exeter City (a): Ticket Information

Just booked Lincoln to Bristol and back! Just need to book Bristol to Exeter and back!

Less than 60 left that’s a great turn out, and likely we will sell 400. Falls in a time with over a 1000 going to Blackburn on Tuesday, Mansfield the week after and after Grimsby, Northampton and County in recent weeks. Excellent support.

Not booked train yet, will aim to be there before 1.30. Last time it was all a bit dodgy in the Exeter pubs. A lovely City, mind.

Ordered my ticket Monday night 20th August in the usual way and received it last Thursday, the 23rd.

It does say in the email acknowledgement that if you've not received it in the post within four working days to enquire of the ticket office.

Mine arrived today. Any up to date news on how many have been sold?

Exeter have almost sold out their main stand apparently. So one side of the ground should be full.

Thoughts

There is a Social Club at the ground itself, which allows in away supporters. Paul Stillwell a visiting Luton Fan informs me; 'Just a minute walk from the away end of the ground is the St Anne's Well on Well Street. Local ales, nicely cooked food, Wifi, BT and Sky Sports and friendly bar staff. It is very popular with away fans'. About a ten minute walk away on Stoke Hill, is the Stoke Arms, which also has BT and Sky Sports.
Otherwise, the ground is walkable from the city centre where there are plenty of pubs. Mike Faulkner from Somerset, recommends the Duke Of York and the Amber Rooms in Sidwell Street. Whilst Tony Fort recommends 'The Victoria' on Victoria Road (follow Victoria Street from the back of the Grandstand). As Tony says 'You can park here (for free) but it is a good 10-15 minutes walk from the ground and steep! The pub is great, very "studenty", but full of friendly Exeter supporters. Both the food and ale were excellent both from a quality and value perspective'. Whilst Mick Hubbard adds; 'We walked on from the city centre towards the ground and, instead of following Old Tiverton Road which leads to the ground, we forked right, up Blackboy Road and stopped at the Bowling Green pub, which is about a quarter of a mile from the ground. We enjoyed this pub very much - good beer (i.e. proper ale), comfortable and quite airy, very friendly (locals were hospitable and fans of both clubs mixed amicably) and a separate pool table for those so inclined. A definite recommendation'.
If anyone can confirm whether alcohol is made available to away fans sitting in the Main Stand seats, then please email me at: duncan@footballgroundguide.com.

What's the catering like at St James Park? I didn't bother last season (league match) but thought I'd get there on the earlier train this year and have a pie or whatever they've got at the ground if it was any good.

Last time I ate there was in Jackson days. Cold night and the sausage roll must have been put out by the fire brigade. Have heard it’s much better now and the block we’re in has catering. Also I understand we can use club lounge but not certain. See list above for stadium guide recommendations.

Just booked trains from Bristol Temple Meads to Exeter St David's and back for Saturday. Arriving in Exeter at 10:43.

There is a Wetherspoons near the station called The Imperial. Cheap and a cracking garden to sit out in if the sun is shining.

Exeter have confirmed they will follow their standard policy and sell any away tickets not sold by LCFC, on the day, on a first come first served basis.

The away ticket booth opens from 12.30.

If City did return some, which was expected Friday am, and more than the number Luke mentions they may be available on the day.

Yesterday Exeter confirmed they will follow their standard policy and sell any away tickets not sold by LCFC, on the day, on a first come first served basis.

The away ticket booth opens from 12.30.

To check ring their ticket office 01392 411 243. (Option 2)