Ex-Imps Discussion Thread | Page 411 | Vital Football

Ex-Imps Discussion Thread

Did not have him down for that. 2014-2017 though so when young and before us...

Edit: could go back to when he was 18 (?) 9 years ago, seems a bit weird.
I hope the fact that it was so long ago, over six years since the last offence, will weigh in his favour. He can expect punishment but I'd think considerably less than Toney whose offences were more recent and committed at an older age.

Obviously someone has thrown him under the bus. Six years since the last offence.

50% more breaches than Toney and he got an 8 month ban. Looking at a year ban possibly, ouch.

Toney bet on his own team though didn't he so maybe not quite as bad for Toff as the betting on own team might carry a bigger ban.

Toney bet on his own team though didn't he so maybe not quite as bad for Toff as the betting on own team might carry a bigger ban.

I am shocked to be honest, thought Toffolo would be a model pro and wouldn't break any rules.

Lets hope there were no severe rules breaches, perhaps there was no awareness courses back then in academies?

Wonder if we made any attempt to bring him back (which would have been a loan again?) or if Brown or another permanent signing was always the objective?

I think we our policy is to move away from loans and towards permanent signings. With his new contract, Boyes would not have been available on a permanent, not within our budget at least.

Good loan move for him to Wycombe though.

That's another opposition dressing room in League 1 that will have an inside track on Mark Kennedy's team talks when we play them.
Sanders at Orient, Poole at Pompey .

I think we our policy is to move away from loans and towards permanent signings. With his new contract, Boyes would not have been available on a permanent, not within our budget at least.

Good loan move for him to Wycombe though.

I feel like the odd loan still makes sense though if it's available? Especially season long.

Boyes is an interesting one, I'd have had him back but he doesn't strike me as very 'Wycombe'? Although they might have changed style slightly?

I feel like the odd loan still makes sense though if it's available? Especially season long.

Boyes is an interesting one, I'd have had him back but he doesn't strike me as very 'Wycombe'? Although they might have changed style slightly?
A prestige wild card to fill a glaring gap or provide strong competition/rotation in a key area can be a good thing, but I will be more than happy to see the loans kept to two, three at most.

A prestige wild card to fill a glaring gap or provide strong competition/rotation in a key area can be a good thing, but I will be more than happy to see the loans kept to two, three at most.
Will be interesting there aren’t that many obvious gaps for “guaranteed “ 1st teamers (maybe CB or wide player at best?) so incoming loanees may be squad players and that might not suit.