Ex-Imps Discussion Thread | Page 94 | Vital Football

Ex-Imps Discussion Thread

I'm struggling to think of too many off the top of my head when he was manager here. Nolan is one for certain.
Newton and Rowe were decent for us, with the latter scoring for fun since he's been at Fylde.

Most were with KA, though, before it was fashionable to sign NL players and before the NL had the money in that it does now.

Newton and Rowe were decent for us, with the latter scoring for fun since he's been at Fylde.

Most were with KA, though, before it was fashionable to sign NL players and before the NL had the money in that it does now.

Yep those 2 I'd agree with (although he didn't seem to know what to do with Rowe.) Ben Tomlinson too had a decent spell when he was here.

I'm struggling to think of too many off the top of my head when he was manager here. Nolan is one for certain.
Admittedly I was referring to his spell with Keith.

He was the one who unearthed a lot of the talent back then I believe.

I never had any issue with Simpson's ability to spot a player - it was everything else that wound me up.

Once he signed them, he had no idea what to do with them. Remember him saying that he didn't know where to play out-and-out centre forward Waide Fairhurst?

I never had any issue with Simpson's ability to spot a player - it was everything else that wound me up.

Once he signed them, he had no idea what to do with them. Remember him saying that he didn't know where to play out-and-out centre forward Waide Fairhurst?
I remember this too, and thinking "isn't it a bit bleeding obvious?" It perhaps gives some insight into his limitations as a manager.

I've noticed today goals in the National League for Danny Lloyd, Adi Yussef and Andrew Boyce for Eastleigh. Forgotten where he had ended up

Alan Power's Killie have beaten Steven Gerrard's Rangers to rise to second place in SPL.
2 defensive errors by Rangers ,one by keeper and centre half caught in possession.
last minute booking for Power........he was decent in midfield.

Looked cold up there in Scotland,didn`t spot any of those hard boys in the crowd wearing their budgie smugglers tonight.(must have been in the wash)

Three weeks after announcing his retirement, John Still has been appointed head of football (i.e. manager) of Maidstone United.

Still was manager of the defunct Maidstone United between 1986 and 1989, leaving the club upon their promotion to the FL.