Ex-Imps Discussion Thread | Page 450 | Vital Football

Ex-Imps Discussion Thread

Here's a slightly random one. I've been vaguely considering getting a bit fitter, and in my extensive research programme (Googling a bit and not actually doing anything) I've discovered you can get personal training from Ollie Ryan at PureGym Millhouses in Sheffield.

Here's a slightly random one. I've been vaguely considering getting a bit fitter, and in my extensive research programme (Googling a bit and not actually doing anything) I've discovered you can get personal training from Ollie Ryan at PureGym Millhouses in Sheffield.
A few other ex-Imps who became personal trainers: David Holdsworth, Shane Westley, Mark McCammon.

Read a preview of the Lincoln United FA Vase game in the NLP, and it referred to their Chairman, Allen Crombie. Wondered if he might be related to Dean, and thought I'd have a look in the Nannestad's history, and it shows an Allen Crombie as having played 1 "other" game for the imps in the 87-88 season. Their first history shows him as having been signed from Lincoln United, and then moving to Boston United. So same man, or a relative? (Dean played 33 League games in the 76-77 season)

Dean was Allen's older brother. Confirmed in the following piece about Lincoln born Steve Sims.

Most of the following is from the Nannestads' 'Who's Who of Lincoln City 1892-1994':

Allen Crombie was on City's books as a schoolboy from October 1976, joined Lincoln United in 1978, joined City in February 1988.

He played at right back in a 1-1 draw at home to Sutton United in the Conference when Bob Cumming and Gordon Simmonite were both missing through injury. Apparently he had also had a brief spell with Grantham during his time with United.

He went on loan to Boston United in March 1988 and was sold to them in July that year for £2,500. He became Lincoln United's player-manager in the summer of 1990, and spent a year as player-manager of Grantham from the summer of 1993.

That's as far as that book goes!

Remember him well, he was probably the top non league player in the area for a few seasons. I think he was still a part timer when he signed for us and played a few times for the reserves. Sure Fred Green suggested he could have made it as a pro but probably had a decent job outside of football.

Always felt he never achieved his full potential. Now playing for Kettering in the Southern league premier division, did he have problems with discipline or bad injuries?
The £'s tempted him when he went to Salford, never worked football wise since. We will always remember his brilliant goals v MK Dons and Everton