Ex-Imps Discussion Thread | Page 444 | Vital Football

Ex-Imps Discussion Thread

Again, that is exactly why you don’t ostracise a player. Manager might have decided he is not the right type - but injuries constantly remind us you might need the player at any point. You might want to move him on, but are left with him when the move doesn’t come off (Which also happens regularly).

Until we are the size of man utd, keep the contracted players ‘onside’. just good common sense really.
I think we're generally agreeing but saying it in different ways.

My initial and main point is that if a players face doesn't fit because he's not the managers type of player or fit in tactically, there are very, very, very few examples of a long term way back for that player regardless of whether they're included in training with the group or not.

Tom Hopper's first goal for 37 games, and only his second in 40 appearances for Colchester. I think we got rid at the right time.

Vickers, TJJ and Caprice starting in Derby vs Burton. Carayol on the bench.

Caprice has just been completely done switching off for Derby's goal.

A strange one - Oliver has made 46 appearances for Bradford, 33 of them from the bench; if he isn't good enough for L2 anymore, why L1?

Billy Brooks interview. He seemed to be well regarded being in 1st team squad a couple of times and international age group call ups but he did his ACL. Presume that must have effected decision to release him but we carried on looking after him which is good to see. Never know he might do a Gary Crosby.

Ian Baraclough named assistant manager at Cheltenham:

Has been out of football since being sacked by Northern Ireland in October 2022.

That screams of a 'struggling with FFP/fill the domestic based player quota for some squad depth' transfer?
You may well be right.
But having watched highlights of him playing for Middlesbrough he seems to have matured a hell of a lot since he was here. It was obvious when he played for us he was a young raw talent, tended to hold on to the ball too much some times.
But now he seems to have so much time when he has the ball at his feet and quite happy to pass and bring his teammates into the game. Playing more central now as well I honestly think he may prove the a very successful premier league player. But time will tell.

Wasn’t Rogers linked with Aston Villa as part of the Grealish transfer in the summer after he had been with us?

He was at West Brom’s academy originally so almost a return home.

Wasn’t Rogers linked with Aston Villa as part of the Grealish transfer in the summer after he had been with us?

He was at West Brom’s academy originally so almost a return home.

Yes that was correct but they declined that part of the transfer in favour of more money.