Ex-Imps Discussion Thread | Page 282 | Vital Football

Ex-Imps Discussion Thread

Looks like a very youthful John Barnes for Watford who they played in Jan 1987 ?

That's right - caption states: "Action from our memorable 3rd round FA Cup encounter at Watford on January 10th 1987. Pamphlett, Stewart and Galloway are pictured battling it out with John Barnes."

“Lincoln's seven-match National League winning run was brought to an end as they were held to a goalless draw at Maidstone. The Imps were looking to reach the 100-point mark with victory but could not find a way past home keeper Lee Worgan”.

A game on their “Astro”, with great Imps support. We did everything but score and from memory their fans were pretty good that night.

Looks like a very youthful John Barns for Watford who they played in Jan 1987 ?
Barnes would be 23 years old in this photo about 6 months before he signed for Liverpool. Had played well over 200 games for Watford by then so maybe not so very youthful.

Played Maidstone for three seasons in the old Fourth Division 89/90 90/91 91/92.

Lost 2-0 on our first visit in October 1989.

Their final league games were in May 1992, and the original Maidstone United went bust in the August.
I was at that 2-0 defeat. A Wednesday evening if I remember correctly.

That's right - caption states: "Action from our memorable 3rd round FA Cup encounter at Watford on January 10th 1987. Pamphlett, Stewart and Galloway are pictured battling it out with John Barnes."

Isn't that ex-imp and Lincoln lad Steve Sims behind him?
Just going by the tash. Thinking about it his skin looks a bit dark. ( Controversial).

Josef Bursik started for England U21s and got a clean sheet in a 2-0 win over Kosovo.
Tyreece John-Jules was a 75th minute substitute for England (Josh Griffiths also on the bench)

“Lincoln's seven-match National League winning run was brought to an end as they were held to a goalless draw at Maidstone. The Imps were looking to reach the 100-point mark with victory but could not find a way past home keeper Lee Worgan”.

A game on their “Astro”, with great Imps support. We did everything but score and from memory their fans were pretty good that night.
Even more surprisingly I believe we were the only away team to not score in the league there that season. However I also believe it was almost a complete second 11 that night.