Ex Ebgland boss Sven | Vital Football

Ex Ebgland boss Sven

Rod Currie

Vital Football Legend
Goran Erickson aged 75 has been diagnosed with Terminal Cancer and he says the best case scenario is a year to live.I didn't think he was gr8 as England boss but this is sad news. Yes to save anyone going to the trouble of pointing out mi misatke, the title should say England boss,UTB

Bad News, Any Cancer diagnosis and it just makes mr wonder whether Cancer is a tool for Mother Nature to f.ck us coffin dodgers off, "Come In Sven Your Times Up!" My heart really goes out to kids and younger people who should be in their prime getting this dreadful desease, I just can,t fathom that out, and like I,ve said before in days gone by when us coffin dodgers kippered I guess the reason for death would be classed as old age! Sounds cruel but I really think that modern advances in medicine tend to keep people alive long after their sell by date, still breathing with no quality.Easy for me to say because as everyone knows:-
"Paratroopers Never Die, They Go To Hell And Re Group!"

Correct! The game of football is sport (Or should be!) and not the be all and end all big money business that sadly it has now become where the big money spenders survive and as far as they are concerned the rest can go to the wall! What a sad indicment of out ONCE great game. There are issues in life far more important and what advanements could be made in cancer research with the ridiculous ackers that teams spend on players and wages!

Sounds cruel but I really think that modern advances in medicine tend to keep people alive long after their sell by date
Absolutely. I'm sure everyone has experienced some version of this. So many die without dignity. It really is quite fucked up. I've promised myself I'll never allow that to happen to me.

Goran Erickson aged 75 has been diagnosed with Terminal Cancer and he says the best case scenario is a year to live.I didn't think he was gr8 as England boss but this is sad news. Yes to save anyone going to the trouble of pointing out mi misatke, the title should say England boss,UTB
Sad to hear about Sven I can’t imagine what that’s like being given a finite time

btw what’s a misatke 🤔

Pancreatic cancer apparently, which explains the terminal prognosis. We've got two brain tumours within 100 yards or our house, really quite scary.

Pancreatic cancer apparently, which explains the terminal prognosis. We've got two brain tumours within 100 yards or our house, really quite scary.
Do you think it’s somat to do with the area CCB 🫤
I’ve got a pancreatic tumour it’s not benign but it almost is
the worry is in time it decides to accelerate but for now I’m ok 🙏

Always remember when I was in the States in early 70's and this medical genius, stethoscope and white gown, came on TV and said "With the money the Government are putting into Cancer Research , in 20 years it will be a thing of the past". Hope he managed to get a decent window cleaning round.

Meks thi wonder just how much money has been lobbed into cancer research over the years? Another lucrative industry? Rockets are being sent to far reaches of the Universe but cancer desease seems to have them all f..ked. I,ve lost family and friends to this scourge of mankind, all had treatment to no avail. So what exactly is the truth regarding a potential cure and just how much more money is going to be lobbed at it to finally find one? Or is the human race banging against a brick wall to try and find one? In our lifetime we breath in all kinds of shite mostly man made and produced by massive industries, even cycling up a steep hill behind traffic in particular buses and lorries when you eventually reach the top it feels like you,ve smoked a thousand cigs! Not only that but chemicals we come in contact with on a daily basis aint going to be any good for our health and well being. Even watercourses and the sea is full of shite these days, the result of man made pollution dumped there by massive industries in search of even more profit.
Man against Mother Nature? Only ever gunna be one f..kin winner!

Always remember when I was in the States in early 70's and this medical genius, stethoscope and white gown, came on TV and said "With the money the Government are putting into Cancer Research , in 20 years it will be a thing of the past". Hope he managed to get a decent window cleaning round.
The big pharmacutical companies don't want cures, they want customers.

Do you think it’s somat to do with the area CCB 🫤
I’ve got a pancreatic tumour it’s not benign but it almost is
the worry is in time it decides to accelerate but for now I’m ok 🙏
I hope that you're going to be OK in the long term Bulmer. Are the medics going to give you treatment or is it a case of wait and see? I had a similar problem with my prostate but they said at my age (79), it is likely that I will die with it rather than from it. As for the brain tumours in our area, in fact I missed one; there are 3 within 200 yards of our house, plus one bladder cancer and a lung cancer!! I don't know if you have heard about radon gas but there's lots of it in our area and that has a link to cancer. All new buildings in our area have to have a radon gas drain fitted but, of course, the old buildings let it seep through.
Having said all that, it's still a great place to live!!

I suppose I,ve always been on the gung ho side when it comes to the question of death and dying and believe very much in fate. Loaded down like a pack horse and lobbing many times out of aircraft from 800-1000 feet always a bit of a gamble and injuries very common and losing good friends in combat, young men with their whole life in front of them I suppose gives you a feeling of, "what will be, will be".
Life is full of risks, best to accept and not tear your hair out worrying about it and enjoy your life to the full because one things for sure, the grim reaper is going to get us all in the end regardless of health,wealth, poverty, Blade or Pig!

I hope that you're going to be OK in the long term Bulmer. Are the medics going to give you treatment or is it a case of wait and see? I had a similar problem with my prostate but they said at my age (79), it is likely that I will die with it rather than from it. As for the brain tumours in our area, in fact I missed one; there are 3 within 200 yards of our house, plus one bladder cancer and a lung cancer!! I don't know if you have heard about radon gas but there's lots of it in our area and that has a link to cancer. All new buildings in our area have to have a radon gas drain fitted but, of course, the old buildings let it seep through.
Having said all that, it's still a great place to live!!
Not heard of that gas before doesn’t sound good tho 🫤
as for me it’s a watch and wait not big enough for em to do owt about they say,it’s about 10mm they don’t touch em till they get to 20mm there’s a good chance it will never get there but there’s always a chance it could 🤷‍♂️