Everton | Vital Football

Everton

Leeds down Leicester down Everton just about escaped doesn’t matter how big you are or what you’ve done your not guaranteed Premier league status

Out of my immediate team at work Gills had the best season, as the Leicester, Scunthorpe and Kettering fans I work with all seeing their sides relegated. Not often 17th place is seen as a runaway victory 🤣

Have only ever seen Everton in the top division in my lifetime, they always seem to pull it out on the final day to stay up, fortunate they had quite an easy fixture at home to finish the season.
I watched the Leeds game on BT, a defensive shambles from them.
Seen a tweet that Leicester City have been relegated with the highest wage bill (£182m) and most expensive squad (£402m) in Premier League history.

Have only ever seen Everton in the top division in my lifetime, they always seem to pull it out on the final day to stay up, fortunate they had quite an easy fixture at home to finish the season.
I watched the Leeds game on BT, a defensive shambles from them.
Seen a tweet that Leicester City have been relegated with the highest wage bill (£182m) and most expensive squad (£402m) in Premier League history.

Will be interesting to see how they manage, as big earners either jump ship, or are released.

Prefer if it was Liverpool :LOL::LOL::LOL::ROFLMAO:

Now that really would be comedic !
Would f'ing love them to go down.

Recently came across a Liverpool fan on holiday watching the footie in a bar. She was classic Liverpool. I said many were whingers. She took exception, understandably. Then went on to prove me right with her bitter resentment that Man City had money. Delighted that apparently City wouldn't get Bellingham. Bitter or what? Pot and Kettle. Liverpool used to hoover up the best players in previous decades when City were struggling.

Actually ok with Everton staying up as they have proper fans that have to live in Liverpool's shadow.

Recently came across a Liverpool fan on holiday watching the footie in a bar. She was classic Liverpool. I said many were whingers. She took exception, understandably. Then went on to prove me right with her bitter resentment that Man City had money. Delighted that apparently City wouldn't get Bellingham. Bitter or what? Pot and Kettle. Liverpool used to hoover up the best players in previous decades when City were struggling.
Actually ok with Everton staying up as they have proper fans that have to live in Liverpool's shadow.

Agree with all that. Bitter that City have money? Van Dijk was the world's most expensive defender when they signed him and Allison was the world's most expensive keeper. They have spent about £200m on strikers in the past 18 months (Diaz, Nunez, Gakpo) so the hoovering is still going on.

Klopp has got away with all his abuse, intimidation and pantomime celebrations so will probably get away with assaulting an official or opposing manager next.

Their fans throw bricks at coaches and jeer at the national anthem. They just live in a bubble, hoping that others care enough to hate them so they, in turn, can not care.

Horrible insular club. Everton on the other hand always seem pretty inoffensive and do things the correct way, The pool fans would probably say they are more "passionate".:rolleyes:

I grew up in South East London so many kids I went to school with supported Liverpool or Manchester United
I’d tell them Geography was their most important lesson so that they could find where their teams ground was
Never liked either club since especially Liverpool

Leeds down Leicester down Everton just about escaped doesn’t matter how big you are or what you’ve done your not guaranteed Premier league status

And that`s what is so good about the football pyramid in the UK. How long it will remain that way is another matter. With more American investment aimed at the Premiership, their end game, of being a closed shop with no relegation, will no doubt come to fruition before too long. Inevitable - money talks, especially in pro sports.

I was half-hoping that Everton would be relegated. Probably my imagination but, it seems that there`s a disproportionate sense of football entitlement on Merseyside.

Would f'ing love them to go down.

You're one of the most vocal anti-Scouse posters on this board, '58. I'd expect this kind of shite from some of our other posters but from you?!

Scousers are great people. Where else do you find the majority of the community boycotting The Scum, celebrating Thatcher's death and booing the national anthem? It's no wonder the political right enjoy anti-Scouse rhetoric, but you should fucking well know better, mate.