Everton v Manchester City - Wednesday 27th December 2023- 20:15- Premier League - Match Preview and MDT | Page 5 | Vital Football

Everton v Manchester City - Wednesday 27th December 2023- 20:15- Premier League - Match Preview and MDT

CITY JOURNALIST GEORGE KELSEY AT GOODISON PARK​

Pep is having a very animated conversation with the fourth official following Stones' substitution. Beto was clearly offside, but the play continued, and the number five picked up his injury as a result. The boss' frustrations are understandable, and it looks like Akanji will now take on the role of moving into the midfield. There was a nice touch from the home fans though to applaud Stones - a former Toffee - as he made his way off the pitch. Hopefully it's just a knock and he'll be back out there soon.

Toothless. Zero penetration. No speed. No invention. No guile. When we play like this we must be the easiest team to defend against. Currently cannot see where a goal will come from. A Thunder Bastard maybe…..

Get Kovacic on for Nunes. I am sorry but I really do not see the point of the guy. (Nunes). He had a good moment in the WCC final but he offers nothing going forward and zero defensively. He plays like he knows he’ll never play two consecutive games so can’t be bothered to try in this one. It’s like playing with a man down :shake:

We look tired and at this rate are going to lose this match, not sure what Pep can do about it, maybe Rico on to liven up the midfield?

I am still trying to work out what Rodri was trying to do when he fell over in our box and coughed up the ball before they scored.