Everton v Manchester City - FA Cup 6th Rd - Wednesday 20th March 2021 KO 17:30 GMT FA Cup Match Preview and MDT | Vital Football

Everton v Manchester City - FA Cup 6th Rd - Wednesday 20th March 2021 KO 17:30 GMT FA Cup Match Preview and MDT

Buzz Lightyear

Alert Team
Not Quite Squeaky Bum Time?
Another trip down the East Lancs Road to face Everton at Goodison Park in the Quarterfinals of the FA Cup, again due to Covid-19 this will be behind closed doors for fans attending the game but a double whammy of it being screened on a pay per view (rolling contract) by BT Sport, but we will be here to pass comments on what is happening in the game from various sources and the odd comment to liven the atmosphere from our very own Laurel and Hardy (Rising and BamaEngineer).
An hour before kickoff you can enjoy on the OS mancity.com the popular 'We're Not Really Here' (twitter #WNRH if you want you moniker flashing up on screen) on the show for this game will be City TV presenter Kyle Walker who will be joined by two City legends, Paul Dickov and Richard Dunne

City team news
All the players appear to have come through the midweek game free from injury and unless there are some late problems with players Pep will have a full squad to choose from.

Beat The Pep
Steffen
Cancelo Dias Laporte Mendy
Fernandinho, De Bruyne, Sterling, Foden,
Jesus Aguero
Match Officials
Referee:
Michael Oliver
Assistant Referees: Lee Betts and Sian Massey-Ellis
Fourth Official: Mike Dean
Video Assistant Referee: Andre Marriner
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Adrain Holmes

Next
Leicester City v Manchester City Premier League Sat 3rd April KO 17.30 GMT Sky Sports game (Subscription)

Last edited:
The Everton Coach has told the media that Robin Olsen, who would have stood in the Jordan Pickford, who earlier in the week ruled himself out of selection for the England Squad through injury, has now too been ruled out which means 21-year-old Joao Virginia will start in goal in addition Everton will be without James Rodriguez for the match, as well as long-term absentees Fabian Delph, Abdoulaye Doucoure and Jean-Philippe Gbamin.

I just hope this news does not mean that Pep Guardiola will play a weakened team, but play the strongest team available, with the exception of Steffen, which is traditionally the spot for our Guy usually warming his bum on the Bertie

We should never underestimate Everton, but I think they will be playing a weak team aiming for a top 4 finish, which is still very possible for them. Pep will pick a strong team I feel, he usually does in the FA Cup. Will we win, I think so.

I see that, as Buzz states, we’re on BT Sport.
No surprise then that the rags are on BBC tomorrow. :tongue:

Steffen, Walker, Dias, Laporte, Zinchenko, Fernandinho (C), Gundogan, Bernardo, Sterling, Foden, Jesus

SUBS | Ederson, Stones, Aguero, Rodrigo, De Bruyne, Torres, Mendy, Mahrez, Cancelo

Kyle Walker 💬
"It's the FA Cup = we've seen over the years: things can happen that you don't want to happen.
"We've come for the victory to hopefully reach the next stage of the competition.
"it's important we set our stall out and put the goalkeeper under a bit of pressure.
"We've come here to win the game. Hopefully, our strikers will be in good form as they have been throughout the season and we'll get a victory."
(On rotation keeping players keeping fresh): "It has to..
"The level we've set this season - every player that has been nominated to start has put in a good shift.
"It's about keeping that shirt and putting in a good performance - not just for yourself but for the team."

Richard Dunne 💬
"I think Champions League was the aim when Carlo Ancelotti came in.
"He has improved them but I think they are a couple of summer windows away from being a top four team. Belief is improving at the club and they will look at the FA Cup as a big opportunity to win something.
"I think when you play like that, it's about focus. They won't have the ball so they'll have to find areas to impact.
"When I was at City and we played Barcelona in a friendly, I told Shay Given to kick it high to give us time to get positioned back in as we just never had the ball!
"It's so hard against a Pep team. They have to get crosses in the box and when full-backs attack, they have to get the ball into Dominic Calvert-Lewin."