Everton v Aston Villa Match Thread - Sun 14 Jan - 2pm | Page 27 | Vital Football

Everton v Aston Villa Match Thread - Sun 14 Jan - 2pm

Two points dropped. Everton are 17th.

They get a two week rest now but I hope they also get a kick up the arse and come back against Newcastle playing like they were earlier in the season. Since the City game we have looked so slow, ponderous and unenthusiastic.
I’m still going with a point gained and in the bag - I just don’t get this negativity after the last few years of surviving and having to build against a huge huge gap to team like Wolves/Brentford/Brighton and the ilk.

Two points dropped. Everton are 17th.

They get a two week rest now but I hope they also get a kick up the arse and come back against Newcastle playing like they were earlier in the season. Since the City game we have looked so slow, ponderous and unenthusiastic.
Thought Everton would win on the law of averages alone, so a point is acceptable but the levels have dropped off since City, especially in midfield. Diaby is a enigma and we do need strengthening. Just a question of getting deadwood out first.

Diaby gets more and more frustrating by the game. When he joined he looked like a world beater but he's gone backwards recently. He seems to have lost all confidence and you have to wonder if he's homesick.
Duran looked more of a danger - a two week break to recharge his batteries, sort an injury knock or a visit home will hopefully do him the world of good.

Diaby gets more and more frustrating by the game. When he joined he looked like a world beater but he's gone backwards recently. He seems to have lost all confidence and you have to wonder if he's homesick.
Diaby has been poor since August

Just done a quick bit of research. Since our promotion season most teams who have finished 4th have gained between 67-71 points and all but one of the teams have lost 9 or more games, with the only exception being Newcastle last year who only lost 5 but drew something like 12 or 14.

We're doing fine, so I'll take this point and the break to get players back.

We took teams by surprise early on. They've worked out how to play against us. How to nullify the likes of Diaby, Bailey our passes through the middle of the park.

I tipped us to finish top 4, and if we can be consistent i think we still can. We have been very unlucky with long term and niggly injuries this season. Dont think loaning or buying anyone in january changes that. We need players back and a factory reset. We were top 3 after 19 games, the players we have can do it as they proved in the first half of the season.

Yeah but add context, 3 games without Kamara and all without Pau plus only 30 minutes of Tielemens. Our best football was just before this dip when Tielemens was playing the 10 role.
Spot on. We all know we don't have the squad, especially to cover the loss of key players. We are doing fantastic to still be mixing it with the scousers and the mancs when you factor in the injuries we have had to cope with. Look at our bench today. We couldn't even fill it. Getting players back is essential to a squad our size. Hopefully the break will allow us a recharge of batteries and go again, as someone used to say.