Everton have 10 points docked. | Page 2 | Vital Football

Everton have 10 points docked.

Don't get giddy Gray they'll probably fine us BLADES 20 points for not spendin enuff.:giggle: UTB
Joking apart, that's probably the cost of HRH not spending another £30m in the transfer window. But then, he said what he was going to do in keeping the club inside its budget. Then he did it, and you can't fault him for that even though it is disappointing not to be more competitive.

Way things o guin if all the fiddlin shirt fronts in the Prem get points deducted we might av a fightin chance of staying up. Deducted points instead of meagre fines suits me everytime!

EPL announcement expected tomorrow talk of another 15pt deduction for Everton and a 10pt deduction for forest
every little bit helps 🤷‍♂️
still don’t think it could save us 🫤

Everton will still survive somehow. The turd that won't flush. They're like the slow cu nt you overtake when cycling, who suddenly transforms into Superman and stays on your wheel for ages - as soon as they have something to chase, they are magically capable of just about anything.

If Forest get docked 10 that suddenly gives the current bottom 3 someone to finish above, and a survival chance for the first time.

When I say the current bottom 3, that probably just means Luton. But it also gives us a glimmer of hope.

What happened to Everton should have happened to West Ham when we got relegated under Warnock. Like all walks of life, it aint what you know it,s who you know. Brooking saw to that with the Hammers! I bet there will be a few pockets filled with ackers by the teams under threat around us. Footy like the rest, az bent az an Arabs Dagger!

We should not be relying on point deductions to stay up and consolidate. This was all in our hands. 2 seasons in the Prem, 2 in the Championship and now back in the Prem and we still have no money !.
We have no ambition beyond just hanging on.
There must have been so much mismanagement of money at the club it does not bear thinking about.

We should not be relying on point deductions to stay up and consolidate. This was all in our hands. 2 seasons in the Prem, 2 in the Championship and now back in the Prem and we still have no money !.
We have no ambition beyond just hanging on.
There must have been so much mismanagement of money at the club it does not bear thinking about.
I agree with what you say
But, we have played within the rules
Those who haven’t (and there are a few) relegate em
And they may actually get the message that they are cheating bastards!!!!

But we both know they will squirm out of it. How come nothing has happened to City and Chelsea ?. The Prem is bent.

But we both know they will squirm out of it. How come nothing has happened to City and Chelsea ?. The Prem is bent.
Don’t know about city but chelsea got round it by offering long contracts which prompted the recent change of rules regarding length of contracts being cut to 5 yrs

I wonder why there hasn't been more scrutiny on Marinakis in the media. Back in Greece there are corruption allegations, match fixing scandals and links to smuggling rings and crimes as serious as murder. He's a villain but as long as the fatness of his cheque book matched his belly all was forgiven.

Shelvey may be yesterday's man but the way he was treated was disgraceful and should have been reported much more robustly, same with Forest's treatment of other players. As it turns out the irregularity of the Shelvey deal is another nail to bang in their coffin. They defaulted on payments for O'Brian and Toffolo to Huddersfield, I imagine they've done similar in other deals.

It's angering we can't capitalise on it but a further points deduction for Everton and one for Forest will get Luton's tails up.

Money deffo talks these days in the game of footy, more will deffo have more and win most of the prizes and accolades. Just glad I was around when 20K would buy you a half decent player and Billy Dearden 10K from Chester, what a bargain! Bill Punton cost a bag of balloons from Scunthorpe and scored the winner against the pigs, worth a mountain of gold to me! Even better, the local lads who played for the Blades and cost sweet f,,k all! Badger,Bernard Shaw, Mallender,Richardson,Salmons and ofcourse Alan Woodward, Mick Jones.What would they be worth these days? Others who cost next to nowt, Gil Reece, Trvor Hockey and Eddie Colquoon and God himself, TC! I know I,m an old twat but footy back then was better to watch, simpler to understand and less like The League Of Nations it has become. Modern tactics baffle me with all the passing sideways and back and more importance in defending than attacking with teams like Arsenal intent on passing when shooting is the most obvious choice, to me anyway. A simple game where every player knew their jobs has become more like a game of chess where sometimes players don,t know whether they,re on this earth or Fullers! This game has deffo passed me by with all the ackers lobbed about like confetti with players as thick as a bulls lug, overpaid undertalented being treat like celebrities, if brains was money most of em would be paupers, but sadly that is the way of the World, not who you are but what you have got being the thing that decides status and how they are treated by their peers. Sorry, not for me but as I said I,m an old twat with old fashioned ways and values.

Money deffo talks these days in the game of footy, more will deffo have more and win most of the prizes and accolades. Just glad I was around when 20K would buy you a half decent player and Billy Dearden 10K from Chester, what a bargain! Bill Punton cost a bag of balloons from Scunthorpe and scored the winner against the pigs, worth a mountain of gold to me! Even better, the local lads who played for the Blades and cost sweet f,,k all! Badger,Bernard Shaw, Mallender,Richardson,Salmons and ofcourse Alan Woodward, Mick Jones.What would they be worth these days? Others who cost next to nowt, Gil Reece, Trvor Hockey and Eddie Colquoon and God himself, TC! I know I,m an old twat but footy back then was better to watch, simpler to understand and less like The League Of Nations it has become. Modern tactics baffle me with all the passing sideways and back and more importance in defending than attacking with teams like Arsenal intent on passing when shooting is the most obvious choice, to me anyway. A simple game where every player knew their jobs has become more like a game of chess where sometimes players don,t know whether they,re on this earth or Fullers! This game has deffo passed me by with all the ackers lobbed about like confetti with players as thick as a bulls lug, overpaid undertalented being treat like celebrities, if brains was money most of em would be paupers, but sadly that is the way of the World, not who you are but what you have got being the thing that decides status and how they are treated by their peers. Sorry, not for me but as I said I,m an old twat with old fashioned ways and values.
Proper footy on a proper pitch 😳

The decline started for me when British players eventually followed those of some other countries and started falling over and grimacing as if they'd being shot when tackled! It slowly worked its way down our league's like a cancer and now if a player doesn't overreact to every single touch (like we didn't first time under Wilder) he'll actually get criticised by the media and pundits. Cheating isn't frowned upon unless it's done badly and some of the bigger clubs must have acting academies as well as football cus some players deserve Oscars!

I Blame Francis Lee. ;)

We played within the rules (sort of) and still ended up with a transfer embargo due to our financial ineptitude, and we'd have experienced worse punishment if we hadn't been promoted. God only knows what's in store for us next season, I'm still not convinced we'll be anywhere near back on track financially even after this season's 'austerity' and cash input. I also can't find a definitive answer on whether or not the EFL can still punish us. We would have had a full year transfer window transfer ban this season if we hadn't been promoted because we still didn't pay up within the time scales despite the warning. Could that still be imposed if we're back in the EFL within the year?

Last edited: