Everton 10 point Deduction | Vital Football

Everton 10 point Deduction

Probably best of taking it rather than appealing, as the bottom three in the PL are awful and I think they should still be safe.

Nothing will happen to City for years as they have better legal representation than many small countries and will tie the PL's legal team in knots. No doubt there will be an agreement reached behind closed doors to avoid the club being sanctioned and the PL will say that they have met their requirements. In other words, it will be a stitch up as the PL cannot afford to upset City's owner.

Nothing will happen to City for years as they have better legal representation than many small countries and will tie the PL's legal team in knots. No doubt there will be an agreement reached behind closed doors to avoid the club being sanctioned and the PL will say that they have met their requirements. In other words, it will be a stitch up as the PL cannot afford to upset City's owner.
mate. spooky. its as if youve got a seat on the pl board😉

Everton's biggest mistake was limiting themselves to a single FFP breach.

Another 114 more and they would have got away scot free.

Damn right they should appeal and point the finger at that shower at the Etihad.

Edit, all PL clubs should back Everton on this.

Everton's biggest mistake was limiting themselves to a single FFP breach.

Another 114 more and they would have got away scot free.

Damn right they should appeal and point the finger at that shower at the Etihad.

Edit, all PL clubs should back Everton on this

all PL clubs should back Everton on this... so in essence FB your condoning breaking of the rules then?? I'm all for the points deduction for Everton BUT the powers that be should then go after ALL clubs breaking the rules, be that City, Chelsea regardless of their so called huge Legal teams.

Who'd have thot this.....via Nixon on twitter

David Phillips KC did the Premier League v Everton thing.
The same guy who failed to win Wigan appeal against admin points penalty.
Lawyers never lose …

all PL clubs should back Everton on this... so in essence FB your condoning breaking of the rules then?? I'm all for the points deduction for Everton BUT the powers that be should then go after ALL clubs breaking the rules, be that City, Chelsea regardless of their so called huge Legal teams.
No condoning it at all. Anybody breaching the FFP rules should be punished.

The PL can't have one rule for one etc.

No condoning it at all. Anybody breaching the FFP rules should be punished.

The PL can't have one rule for one etc.

That's not how I read your post....ur saying Everton should appeal the overspending decision & for all the othe PL clubs to back them.

Nobody bar us gave a flying f@ck about our points decisions, nor anyone about Reading's points deduction or even Bury's demise....yet cue a Premier league club & the media are all over it.
As I've said numerous times, unless a PL Club go bump or getpoints deduction then nothing is done or rarely gets a mention in the media.

The other 19 Prem clubs should back Everton because City have been under investigation for years and still no punishment.

One rule for all, point the finger and EFC will piss the the appeal.

That better? You're hard work you pal.

To be fair. Up here Bury got loads of local coverage on TV, but not much national coverage. Similar to us, Northern TV gave us some coverage, and some fans from lower clubs gave us some support, including donations. Ex players helped us with financial help. But this "BIG" and City a d Chelsea will be all over the sports programs and pages

The other 19 Prem clubs should back Everton because City have been under investigation for years and still no punishment.

One rule for all, point the finger and EFC will piss the the appeal.

That better? You're hard work you pal.

Hard work....pot & kettle.
You are effectively saying that Everton should appeal against something they have been found guilty of....ffp. The same ffp charges that City & a few other clubs are under investigation for. ALL clubs found guilty of ffp should get their comeuppance & be points deducted accordingly ...none of this bullshit appeals & that the rest of the PL back them. Just like saying hey Everton are guilty but if we don't back them up they'll come after us as well.

Guess your justice system would be great...
Mr A from Anytown gets caught red handed fiddling their benefits payment, along pops their Lawyer, a Mr Frankie B to advise his client - 'it's ok Mr A, we'll appeal this as we have the backing of Mr B, Mr C, Mr D & Mr E of Anytown who have all be charged with similar charges & they will back your appeal.....🤔😉

The three promoted clubs are probably the weakest three in PL history. Give Everton 20 points and I’d still fancy them to stay up comfortably. Seems to me like the PL have panicked with the threat of an independent regulator on the horizon.

As TB alludes to above, the City legal team will be the best money can buy. Don’t expect any resolution in that case anytime soon. I suspect it’ll become political too the longer it drags on.

That investigation is being driven by their rivals being upset they have broken through into their cartel. There is nothing fair in FFP and ultimately it seeks to restrict competition and ensure no more pesky kids such as Newcastle can challenge the so called elite. Like any rule or law people will try and find loopholes to get around them. Look at Real or Barca with their stadium deals. Creative accounting is the phrase often used. Liverpool hacked into Man City’s scouting system - that’s deliberate and I’d suggest broke a few criminal laws in the process. That was swept under the carpet with a derisory fine. I guess they didn’t want to open that can of worms. Is that worse than Everton going over a spending limit to build a ground? Say what you like about City, but in addition to the team their owners have invested substantially in the area around the Ethiad. You’d think that level of investment would be applauded, not derided. I also note both they and Everton pay wages and their creditors, something some owners can’t manage. Is it fair Everton have to finance building their own stadium which has seen them fall foul of the regulations whilst West Ham got gifted theirs with peppercorn corn rent?

The three promoted clubs are probably the weakest three in PL history. Give Everton 20 points and I’d still fancy them to stay up comfortably. Seems to me like the PL have panicked with the threat of an independent regulator on the horizon.

As TB alludes to above, the City legal team will be the best money can buy. Don’t expect any resolution in that case anytime soon. I suspect it’ll become political too the longer it drags on.

That investigation is being driven by their rivals being upset they have broken through into their cartel. There is nothing fair in FFP and ultimately it seeks to restrict competition and ensure no more pesky kids such as Newcastle can challenge the so called elite. Like any rule or law people will try and find loopholes to get around them. Look at Real or Barca with their stadium deals. Creative accounting is the phrase often used. Liverpool hacked into Man City’s scouting system - that’s deliberate and I’d suggest broke a few criminal laws in the process. That was swept under the carpet with a derisory fine. I guess they didn’t want to open that can of worms. Is that worse than Everton going over a spending limit to build a ground? Say what you like about City, but in addition to the team their owners have invested substantially in the area around the Ethiad. You’d think that level of investment would be applauded, not derided. I also note both they and Everton pay wages and their creditors, something some owners can’t manage. Is it fair Everton have to finance building their own stadium which has seen them fall foul of the regulations whilst West Ham got gifted theirs with peppercorn corn rent?

Sadly your argument is flawed MiW. Capital investment in infrastructure or youth development is not applicable to FFP in this country.

The Premier League has brought in its own form of financial regulation which is not as stringent as Uefa's FFP. Clubs cannot make a loss in excess of £105m across the 2013-14, 2014-15 and 2015-16 seasons (as with FFP, investment in infrastructure and youth development is exempt).

Money spent on stadiums, training facilities, youth development or community projects is exempt.

The information highlighted come from a BBC explanation of FFP.

Sadly your argument is flawed MiW. Capital investment in infrastructure or youth development is not applicable to FFP in this country.

The Premier League has brought in its own form of financial regulation which is not as stringent as Uefa's FFP. Clubs cannot make a loss in excess of £105m across the 2013-14, 2014-15 and 2015-16 seasons (as with FFP, investment in infrastructure and youth development is exempt).

Money spent on stadiums, training facilities, youth development or community projects is exempt.

The information highlighted come from a BBC explanation of FFP.

Fair enough - they should have then got more creative like most other clubs in that league. Is going over budget worse than hacking a rival to steal their secrets? There’s too much manipulation of league tables for my liking these days with points deductions flying around left right and centre. It used to be a sport played primarily at 3o’clock on a Saturday afternoon with the result final. In the PL supporters can barely celebrate a goal these days without some microscopic autopsy to find a reason to rule it out. Now you don’t know if league tables are final with numerous investigations - one involving alleged financial issues in Citys case that occurred 14 years ago. It’s rapidly moving away from the sport I fell in love with.

Prem League panel members (there were 3)

ex Financial Director at West Ham (during the Tevez farago)
ex Communications Officer at Chelsea (during Roman's reign)

Draw your own conclusions