Everton 10 point deduction | Vital Football

Everton 10 point deduction

PL to Everton: "You aren't financially sustainable. Punishment inbound."

Also, PL to all PL clubs: "Money is everything."
"It's now likely a case of not if, but when, all 20 Premier League clubs will appear in the Money League top 30."

Reap what they sow!

Why do they make these large losses?

They get big crowds and who have they spent a large amount on recently?

They sold Anthony Gordon and Richarlison in recent years for far more than anyone they have signed.

At the same time, Chelsea (a similar size club IMO) have shelled out around £100m each on Mudryk, Fernanez and Caicedo, and not much less on Cole Palmer, with the related salaries attached, while only really selling Mount.

I know Everton must have broken the rules (as they exist) in some way but which of the two clubs has the most sustainable model?

These rules as they exist clearly need rethinking.

Interesting to see what happens to Man City. Given the charges they should be renewing their rivalry with us next season. What's the betting it goes away, or is a fine that's about 3 day's worth of Pep's salary.

Interesting to see what happens to Man City. Given the charges they should be renewing their rivalry with us next season. What's the betting it goes away, or is a fine that's about 3 day's worth of Pep's salary.
About a 115 charges in their case, so that would be a 1150 point deduction… I bet they do just get a fine like you say.

The odd thing is the PL commission admitted it was an accountancy error to do with interest on borrowings for the new stadium and nothing to do with the playing side yet the PL has managed to snap a 10 point deduction on whilst Man City and I imagine another club I wont name carry on regardless.

Fuck Everton, Fuck Man City, Fuck Chelsea. Infact fuck the whole PL.
I feel alot better now.

I find it very hard to have any interest in the premier league.

I occasionally go and watch Spurs but that is more to do with spending an evening with my mates than the football.

I find it very hard to have any interest in the premier league.

I occasionally go and watch Spurs but that is more to do with spending an evening with my mates than the football.
Never watch PL as its all about the money, a league followed by many people with no affinity to the clubs or children who follow those clubs because they win cups.

The odd thing is the PL commission admitted it was an accountancy error to do with interest on borrowings for the new stadium and nothing to do with the playing side yet the PL has managed to snap a 10 point deduction on whilst Man City and I imagine another club I wont name carry on regardless.
Why not naming?

So, if Gillingham ever get into the premier league ( wishful thinking I know ) who will you support then? :unsure:
Would rather stay in the Championship than join the circus, or if we wer'e to ever get there tell them we would rather not bother joining that lot.
However extremely unlikely we will ever get there & obviously even more unlikely we would tell them to shove it.
Yes I would love to see us get back in the Championship, that to me would be the promised land with a few good cup runs. I just dont see the PL as the be all and end all. But fair enough if thats what you wish for Max, think you maybe dissapointed though as wer'e miles away from the Championship right now.

Wouldn't be the slightest bit surprised to see the deduction reduced or suspended on appeal. "Big" clubs don't seem to have to obey rules. Remember Spurs getting away with it? Not little Luton of course.

But of course it is the fans who suffer the most. Ordinary folk who put their hard earned cash into following their team. Dreams shattered by poor owners and poor authorities.

How can it be deemed reasonable to lose £105m over a three year period?
Why is it unreasonable?

As mentioned, Brighton made more than that on the sale of one player in one day recently;

And he had only made 45 appearances for Brighton.

Within the last 3 years, Everton have sold two players - Richarlison for £60m and Gordon for £45m - which would have raised the same sum as the loss.

Last edited:
Why is it unreasonable?

As mentioned, Brighton made more than that on the sale of one player in one day recently;

And he had only made 45 appearances for Brighton.
That probably made Brighton potentially a profit for the year. My point is that it’s acceptable to lose £35m a year in the PL

Never watch PL as its all about the money, a league followed by many people with no affinity to the clubs or children who follow those clubs because they win cups.
Make sure you keep telling us you don't follow the Premier League though, in case we forget