Evans | Vital Football

Evans

RainhamGill

Vital Youth Team
The man said a few not so nice things about us in a couple of post match interviews a few years ago, after we'd beaten his teams in some highly contested games.

If he comes in and gets us winning games, I'm willing to let that go to be honest! Yes he has a robust managerial style, but surely we could use someone like that right now.

Apart from his comments, what are our reasons for not wanting him as a manager? And I mean proper reasons, just saying 'he's fat, sweaty and Scottish' isn't good enough.

He's divisive, he's targeted our fans in the past and is generally an odious man. He committed tax fraud. Just a few reasons.

I am just glad that Scally is showing ambition, backed by new money on the horizon perhaps.
Evans or Powell could turn things around.

GRM:

"targeted our fans" How exactly? Did he physically assault anyone?

"committed tax fraud" And has he been caught for it and served his punishment?

"generally an odious man" If he gets results why does that matter? It's not like he's going to be living with you!

As for being divisive, we're no stranger to having divisive managers or chairmen at this club. I'm not convinced those are good enough reasons.

Some people seem to care more about the personality and eating habits of Evans, rather than what he could bring to the team.

What I said matters to me RainhamGill because the original post asked for "genuine reasons" as to why I wouldn't want him besides him being a "fat sweaty jock". I gave a few of the reasons why I do not want him, and it doesn't matter whether you consider them valid enough.

I personally think he would be a divisive appointment and not exactly one to bring unity amongst the fans.

I'm sure some principled Southend fans were not happy at Nile Ranger scoring for them recently. I would find it similarly hard to support my lifelong team with a manager who I cannot stand at the helm.

Add the fact that he is always looking for a better offer. Obviously there is something Scally is offering that is attractive in addition to the numerous Medway fast food joints.

If he does well he will dump us without a second thought. In fact, he will probably do a Pulis to make Scally sack him so we get no compo either.

His behaviour will probably make every other team hate us as well.

Although he wins games I don't think his teams play particularly attractive football either (Rotherham is the most recent that I remember) which I know is a problem for some posters on here.

GRM's quotes

He's divisive - well clearly

he's targeted our fans in the past - I recall he specifically mentioned Gills fans out in post match comments before at Crawley and Rovrem. Unsure if he does this against all sides, but not sure which is worse.

is generally an odious man - opinion, but an opinion shared by plenty

He committed tax fraud - and is therefore a criminal, pretty reasonable reason to not want someone at the club.

Seemingly there's a sliding scale that everyone has to place their X on between evil on one end and saint on the other, as to who they'd be happy to have manage their club.

I suspect some would probably be happy with Charles Manson in charge if he had a 100% win ratio, whilst someone would turn their noses up at Pochettino coming in because he had the audacity to beat us 5-0 in the cup last season.

My X is firmly on the saintlier side of convicted criminal and allround dickhead.

Everybody will have a different opinion and different reasons why somebody should or shouldn?t get the job one thing for certain whoever it is not everybody will be happy.

The grocer - 4/10/2017 16:04

Everybody will have a different opinion and different reasons why somebody should or shouldn?t get the job one thing for certain whoever it is not everybody will be happy.

Not everyone will be happy whoever is appointed, and then there's appointing Steve Evans.

He is scum, you have to draw the line somewhere.

I don't think he will come anyway, if there are 'investors' Scally would have been on his soap box already looking for praise and trying to drum up interest to increase the gates.

Be interesting to see how it all plays out..