Evans 'three players coming in' | Page 3 | Vital Football

Evans 'three players coming in'

Bluenose I wonder if hes
So Bluenose you obviously didn’t go to the recent games v Charlton and millwall or Blackpool last season ?

No. I have to be honest and admit I wasn't at any of those games as I now live a fair distance away so pick and choose my games.

If he is finally dispensing meaty tackles or intercepting passes I am very glad to hear that. Maybe Barry Fuller has given him a few words of wisdom.

My point about not showing the winger inside is that is the most direct route to goal and also forces the central defenders to make a very quick decision whether to leave the centre forward unmarked in order to try and get in a block.

If instead he drives the winger out wide and the winger then puts in a deep cross at least the central defender can still be marking the forward. It is then his mistake if a goal results, rather than Garmston's.

As others have said we should find out whether SE rates him at all on Saturday.

Garmston has played well at times, but looks better with a back 3 so he can play wing-back and create; but I think he's still affected by those hamstring injuries
With Ogilvie not good enough to play in a back 3, Evans's clear preference for 'tougher' players, I think Garmston will go soon and will prob do well at a more footballing midlands side - maybe drop to Nat League - Solihull? I've enjoyed him so good luck

Cant see Chicksen as an option for same reason as above - too lightweight

What about the tough guy Coker from Southend? Evans' type

We will finish top 10, with additional players top 2, we will go go up as long as Evens/Rayner/ Scally stay together.

Kettners is givng me the impression one of the singings is already with it and we re waiting until our weekly press conference to announce him, or maybe waiting for the window to close before we can get the 'striker' and then announce both???

over to you Kettners?

You know the main problem with letting players go at this time instead of a few weeks ago - most clubs in div 1/ 2 have limited budgets and have already sorted their team and squads out - so it will be difficult for players to get clubs unless your Ronaldinho or of an exceptional talent. There are so many players released from Prem and championship clubs and youngsters waiting their turn - that the market is awash with players. I feel sorry for players being released by Evans at this time

Garmston was very good when be first came to the club under JED. Since then he's had loads of injuries to be fair and defensively been shown up a number of times - I think we can get a better player in at left back now.

Bromley Garmston hasn’t had an injury for 2 years - under JED we had a decent midfield. Garmston has one major injury and 3 hamstring pulls which he resolved 2 years ago himself. The last few seasons our midfield was dire and all our defenders were suspect including Ehmer. When Garmston has played he has played very well apart from the odd average game.

You know the main problem with letting players go at this time instead of a few weeks ago - most clubs in div 1/ 2 have limited budgets and have already sorted their team and squads out - so it will be difficult for players to get clubs unless your Ronaldinho or of an exceptional talent. There are so many players released from Prem and championship clubs and youngsters waiting their turn - that the market is awash with players. I feel sorry for players being released by Evans at this time
How can Evens win if he had let him go last month he could have rightly been accused of not having proper look at him, now he has made judgment call

Bromley Garmston hasn’t had an injury for 2 years - under JED we had a decent midfield. Garmston has one major injury and 3 hamstring pulls which he resolved 2 years ago himself. The last few seasons our midfield was dire and all our defenders were suspect including Ehmer. When Garmston has played he has played very well apart from the odd average game.

But there must be something about Garmston that made both SL and SE both play a right footed player at LB ahead of Garmston. Whether its ability, attitude, fitness or just a coincidence, they must have their reasons. Garmston has shown glimpses of what he's capable of, but he's also had a few shockers, not helped by not having much protection in front of him under SL to be fair. It will be interesting to see if he starts at home on Saturday, if not I fear his days may be numbered here. For what its worth offensively I think he offers us something, but defensively far to often he's been weak and his positioning, reading of the game and spotting danger is very questionable.

IMO not the worse LB we've ever had but not near the top of the list of the best either (sorry Kettners!)

We were 1-0 at that point and pushing for an equaliser every man was forward - that ball went over the line - Garmston made up more than 30 m on the no 10 and was the only man that got back !
That’s a really dumb example of so called poor defending - look how much he was attacking and crossing and those clips didn’t show the half of it. Where was O’Neil and the centre backs and midfield ?- in the box we had a few minutes to go and Lovell pushes everyone forward

So, Bradley Garmston made a mistake in that game, he probably wasn`t the only one. Players are going to make mistakes - it happens. Those who make very few usually end up in the Championship, or higher.

We all have a right to a view, and this forum is about sharing mixed views. But i`m beginning to think that the amount of stick that Bradley`s getting is a bit disproportionate. He`s still a Gills player and has put in some excellent shifts and shown us that he has quality and a sound work rate. If it transpires that the new manager doesn`t currently consider him a starting pick, then we have to accept it - he is the gaffer and competition for places is a good thing. As evident on Saturday, our club has built some momentum - it`d be nice if we could help that along.

It’s a real shame lancs no one is perfect and your right all make mistakes - I’ve seen this kid in training and it’s an unbelievable work rate he puts in and he’s humble and his only mission was to try and have a good season for the gills to do his best to help them up the league he’s not selfish and has no big ego and he’s very popular with the other players
He try’s to work at all his weakness and always asks advice.
Perhaps he’s not going to get his chance now after all