Euros Thread | Vital Football

Euros Thread

What's that Euro symbol ? Might as well have Pepper Pig under a rainbow.
Zzzzzzz, When Italy went 2-0 up I switched over and watched Gardeners World. More interesting.

Croatia won’t be easy tomorrow and Scotland will be sure as hell up for it on Friday evening, I don’t think we will have the easy 6 points by then that so many think we will.

Also if we win the group don’t we play the runners up in France/Germany/Portugal group 😬

I wonder if Charlie has been brought in as a consultant to Switzerland with a view to marking Bale ? :dev:

Took Wales to go behind before waking up.
Sad scenes as the Denmark v Finland game is abandoned.

Our favourite ref doing that game.

The ball went out of play for a Denmark throw-in down near the corner flag. Rushing to receive the ball from whoever was taking it, Christian Eriksen collapsed face first into the turf as the ball hit his knee.
Two nearby Finnish players, a Dane and referee Anthony Taylor immediately signalled for urgent medical assistance. Soon after that arrived, one of the Danish medical team was seen performing compressions on Eriksen’s chest as his teammates formed a ring around him and the staff treating him.
As of five minutes ago, Eriksen was still receiving treatment on the pitch.

UEFA have just announced that Eriksen is conscious, stable and on his way to hospital.

As I've just said on WhatsApp, I know we give your mate Taylor stick, but I thought that he was absolutely superb there in a horrible situation. Really glad Eriksen is conscious and stabilised. Every credit to the medics too who have undoubtedly saved his life

Thought we totally bossed it first half. But the first ten minutes of the 2nd, we were extremely tentative; a lot of tippy tappy across the back line. Then we scored on 56 mins and I thought we might get a few. But Croatia kept trying and, if they could shoot, they might have got one back. In the end a deserved win. Harry wasn't at his best today and may have a bad injury. Looked like arm or ribs to me. And Pickford's distribution and kicking was dreadful. He made Max look world class at that. All in all, a good day

A professional enough performance. Hopefully plenty of improvement to come.

With hints of magic. Walker was sloppy and Kane anonymous but most did okay. I thought the Yarksheer Pirlo was magnificent. We badly need Grealish to light up the stage.

If Foden's shot had gone in I'm certain the game would have been a lot more comfortable.
There was a long period after our early storm where we struggled in midfield to get the ball.
Walker had an absolute shocker of a game.
I do like him paying for City but for me the future of that England RB position is nailed on for Chelslki's James - he is a unit.

Holland looked beatable.

This will give us our fix until the friendlies start,
I'm looking forward to watching Torquay v Hartlepool next weekend for the Conference play off final.
Cracking goal from the monkey hangers yesterday to win at Stockport.
Had the crowd at Edgeley silent yesterday and Challinor has got the momentum going there.