European Super League | Page 3 | Vital Football

European Super League

Making it free to view (except there will be ads unless you pay) The absolute state of it. The only people who like the whole idea are the FIFA kids who nothing about football and want to watch Real Madrid vs PSG every week. "Super League is bangin blud" Fucking idiots.

In reality, there's no real difference in format to the three European competitions as they now stand, the principle difference I see is that if Barca have a crap year domestically, they will still be in the "Star League" the following season (provided they aren't relegated from that league).

Obviously clubs can't do the UEFA comps and the ESL as that would be too many games, so they'd have to make a choice but that wouldn't be any more detrimental to domestic leagues than the current set up.

Playing devil's advocate here, if the prize money was evenly distributed down throughout the leagues, this could be a better format that the current set up. We can't afford to have the richest clubs getting a larger slice of the pie, as they are currently set up to receive, and moving further away from the rest.

The biggest challenge for our own EFL Championship is that any promoted team is hugely disadvantaged before they even start the league season, the gap has grown too large.

This could break UEFA's strangle hold or be the biggest fcuk up since Kerry Packers World Series Cricket.

in one sense i'd love to see UEFA and FIFA moved to irrelevant bodies
I think we can take from the above that they don't want to interfere with domestic leagues. How realistic this is, I don't know, but messing with UEFA could be a blessing. I think the idea that the ESL was on an invitation only basis and basically a closed shop, was the thing that got fans riled up, i.e. Manure could be relegated and still be in the ESL is an anathema to most sports fans.

LIV golf is just a vehicle the Saudis are using to totally takeover golf , it will merge with the PGA / R&A etc and then they will buy full control. The template is there for football

LIV is a vehicle for losing billions of dollars, just like all of their other enterprises.

The have just agreed to give John Rahm $400m with virtually no income.

These are not business people or marketing strategists. They are spoiled ultra-rich kids who want to own everything so they can show off to their friends.

LIV is a vehicle for losing billions of dollars, just like all of their other enterprises.

The have just agreed to give John Rahm $400m with virtually no income.

These are not business people or marketing strategists. They are spoiled ultra-rich kids who want to own everything so they can show off to their friends.
If they're handing out dosh like this, I'm available for LIV golf :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

I'll be their best bud too.

#Absolutelyridiculous

If they're handing out dosh like this, I'm available for LIV golf :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

I'll be their best bud too.

#Absolutelyridiculous

We just need to create something they feel is exclusive and they will want to buy it. It can't be something boring like a company that makes a profit. It has to be something exciting and spectacular like WeWork (that was all of their money that went down in flames).

You can be sure they had money in Nikola and Lordstown Motors too.

The Gov have said that English clubs will not be allowed to join and continue to play in this country.
They are going to speed up the appointment of a legislator for all football in this country.
All clubs will have to apply for a licence to play in this country, any club that joins another league will have their licence withdrawn.

The Gov have said that English clubs will not be allowed to join and continue to play in this country.
They are going to speed up the appointment of a legislator for all football in this country.
All clubs will have to apply for a licence to play in this country, any club that joins another league will have their licence withdrawn.
As long as that's enforceable in a court of law

Have just read that the top clubs and leagues across Europe have also said they are committed to UEFA.

Already the type of teams they need to bulk out their ridiculous 62 team league are declaring they aren't interested.

Atletico Madrid, Valencia, Sociedad in Spain. Roma and Inter in Italy. Copenhagen, PSG and I'm sure there are others.

The only truly committed ones are the Spanish giants because they see their fine as the number one destination for players is coming to an end.

If they'd truly tried to do something that was fair rather than a blatant attempt to line their iwn pockets they could have succeeded because there are plenty of clubs in Europe that are terrified that the likes of Bournemouth can now outbid AC Milan.

Already the type of teams they need to bulk out their ridiculous 62 team league are declaring they aren't interested.

Atletico Madrid, Valencia, Sociedad in Spain. Roma and Inter in Italy. Copenhagen, PSG and I'm sure there are others.

The only truly committed ones are the Spanish giants because they see their fine as the number one destination for players is coming to an end.

If they'd truly tried to do something that was fair rather than a blatant attempt to line their iwn pockets they could have succeeded because there are plenty of clubs in Europe that are terrified that the likes of Bournemouth can now outbid AC Milan.
You can add Bayern to that list. They made a statement saying thay have no intention of joining and are fully committed to the UEFA competitions.

Man United have said they’re not joining. This project doesn’t really work without Premier League clubs. This is the league with the largest global audience after all.

No one really cares to watch clubs like Ajax, Porto, Rangers et al play each other.

What the premier league needs to do now is implement a punishment a long the lines of, total expulsion for any club who joins and their domestic honours completely wiped. UEFA should do the same. I also wouldn’t rule out governments trying to intervene as well.