European Health Insurance Card | Vital Football

European Health Insurance Card

hulloutpost

Vital Champions League
This may be of use for some people whose EHIC cards will have expired by now. Post Brexit we have replaced the EHIC with the GHIC (Global). Basically it is the same thing except they've changed the E to a G (as we add more reciprocal health care deals beyond the EU), i.e. free emergency health care in EU countries.

As before it doesn't replace the need for travel insurance should you need private care in the EU.

It literally takes two minutes to fill in and all you need is your name, address, NI number, an email address and telephone number.

The official (free) link is below. Be wary of using unofficial web sites that will try to charge a fee.

Last edited:
This may be of use for some people whose EHIC cards will have expired by now. Post Brexit we have replaced the EHIC with the GHIC (Global). Basically it is the same thing except they've changed the E to a G (as we add more reciprocal health care deals beyond the EU), i.e. free reciprocal emergency health care in EU countries.

As before it doesn't replace the need for travel insurance should you need private care in the EU.

It literally takes two minutes to fill in and all you need is your name, address, NI number, an email address and telephone number.

The official (free) link is below. Be wary of using unofficial web sites that will try to charge a fee.

Don't leave it too late to renew if you are travelling, mine took a little longer than I anticipated which caused needless worry... As @hulloutpost says, it's easy to do though!

My GHIC took about ten days to arrive. Was impressed with the ease of the form filling.

Still worth filling in the form even if you are too late to get the physical card as you should be able to quote the number generated to get the services required.