Europa Conference League 2023/4 | Page 286 | Vital Football

Europa Conference League 2023/4

Aston Villa goalkeeper Emi Martinez told TNT Sports:

"It's been a hell of a ride all my career. I'm always a believer and a hard worker. It was my destiny to win here again.

"I've just got a bad reputation for time-wasting because the other goalkeeper was doing exactly the same thing.

"I get booked after 30 minutes and we're losing the game so I don't know what the referee wanted for me. In the shootout, there was no ball on the penalty spot and I was asking for a ball from the ball boy... and then I get booked.
"I just don't understand the rules. I know my team-mates need me and I own my box. I just used all my experience.

"This group of player and the manager are special. The owners as well are involved and behind us. It feels like we're going to do something special.

"I don't know if it's going to be the Champions League or the Europa Conference League, but we're going to try to do something special for this football club."

Well, we were shite. Could not believe the passing around at the, I think Emery actually played for pens, how can anyone question the master! Shit or not, we are through.....