Europa Conference League 2023/4 | Page 253 | Vital Football

Europa Conference League 2023/4

The start of another Euro adventure...at Manchester airport for our flight to Brussels, then a bus across to Lille! Looks like plenty of Villans are doing the same, plenty of claret n blue in terminal 3 this morning! Been to Warsaw and Ajax but this feels different being 2nd leg and knockout...the old nerves will soon be jangling!! Could be another great away day hot on the heels of Sunday....here's hoping! COYVB.....:utv::utv::utv::utv:
We are hitting the road at 6:00am heading for the tunnel. Hope to be there just after lunch. Lille is a good place for a night out, watch out for the strength of that Belgian beer though 🤪. Chi'te one of the better ones. Ask for a glass of Shitty 🤣.

One of the great things is we have 3 CBs who have top European pedigree w/ two of them winning the Europa Lge plus a WC winning GK and Youri winning the FA Cup. So a few lads who have knock out experience and I forgot we have Zaniolo who has won this very competition already.

I believe he scored a hat-trick in the quarter-final and then scored the winner in the final.

There aren't many in the team who should be fazed by where we are.

Think this is going to be very tough. I see us as slight underdogs after the first leg. We’re going to have to be right at it tomorrow or we could have our pants pulled down. Don’t know whether it’s pure bravado on here, but we’re in for a hell of a ride tomorrow evening.

Think this is going to be very tough. I see us as slight underdogs after the first leg. We’re going to have to be right at it tomorrow or we could have our pants pulled down. Don’t know whether it’s pure bravado on here, but we’re in for a hell of a ride tomorrow evening.
Literally too close to call for either side.

Yup. Every game is massive and a nerve jangler. I don't know about the players , but a few of us are going to need a break at the end of the season.
Talking of breaks - the enforced breaks for mcginn and Luiz could be a real blessing going into the crunch final games.

Watching the man City game on the TV in Ireland and ex northern Ireland player Gerry Armstrong is commentating, was so glad to hear him do this game..... cos it should mean he's not doing the villa game tomorrow. He talks utter nonsense.

However I'll be just as disappointed if Jim Beglin is doing the game. Another drivel spitter

Weather report in Lille…very cold and been pissing down on and off since arriving! Like being at home…could even be a few gloves on show tomorrow unless it warms up a bit! :yes:

Watching the man City game on the TV in Ireland and ex northern Ireland player Gerry Armstrong is commentating, was so glad to hear him do this game..... cos it should mean he's not doing the villa game tomorrow. He talks utter nonsense.

However I'll be just as disappointed if Jim Beglin is doing the game. Another drivel spitter
It’s like with the referee’s, some of these commentators have turned into main characters. Just fucking tell me what’s happening in the game, maybe throw out some stats and a bit of history. Don’t go giving me your latest metaphorical nonsense, don’t even talk about your playing days unless it’s relevant.

Yup. Every game is massive and a nerve jangler. I don't know about the players , but a few of us are going to need a break at the end

I'm fairly confident we can score , but it's one difficult game between two very good evenly matched sides.

I'm very nervous.
NO!!! JUST NO!!! YOU'RE BANG UP FOR THIS!!! GET A GRIP MAN! sorry for shouting

It’s like with the referee’s, some of these commentators have turned into main characters. Just fucking tell me what’s happening in the game, maybe throw out some stats and a bit of history. Don’t go giving me your latest metaphorical nonsense, don’t even talk about your playing days unless it’s relevant.
Give me Brian kerr commentating every game, using phrases like " ah he's gotten that ball right in the snot" and "this fella is catmalogen" like watching a game with an ol uncle with no filter.

Yeah, like they were all perfect when they were playing, never missed a tackle nor a chance on goal.

Got to love that in a year that English clubs dominating in Europe would actually help us they've all decided to just be shit when it mattered.

Bar ourselves of course. Let's show these pricks how it's done tomorrow.
🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞

Got to love that in a year that English clubs dominating in Europe would actually help us they've all decided to just be shit when it mattered.

Bar ourselves of course. Let's show these pricks how it's done tomorrow.
Never ever the easy route as a Villa fan mate. You should know that.