Europa Conference League 2023/4 | Page 252 | Vital Football

Europa Conference League 2023/4

Time to turn our attention to Thursday.

Difficult game, but with more players becoming available to refresh the squad and another performance like yesterday, we can probably take the spoils. We’ve set the bar really high yesterday, must maintain those standards. Lille will create chances, as the did at VP, we have to quieten the home support and believe in our ability and game plan. I’m sure Unai has the answers after my doubts immediately after last Thursday’s game.
This game probably goes one way or the other. We either look lethargic because of the effort that went into the Arsenal game. Or the Arsenal game was our second wind and a boss this game.

The latter would really show that we’re pushing on to be a top team.

Luiz will be itching to get back on the grass in this game - seems to have helped McGinn and freshen him up that ban - hopefully be similar with Luiz. Be very interesting to see if Watkins starts or do you go with Duran? Lots to think about for Emery.

This game probably goes one way or the other. We either look lethargic because of the effort that went into the Arsenal game. Or the Arsenal game was our second wind and a boss this game.

The latter would really show that we’re pushing on to be a top team.

We went off the boil after beating Citeh and Arsenal around Christmas. I really hope we have learned from our mistakes.

We went off the boil after beating Citeh and Arsenal around Christmas. I really hope we have learned from our mistakes.
I don't think it will stop us against Lilly but the weekend will be tough against Bournemouth who are in top form. Try as we and the players will to take them as seriously as Arsenal, it is all in the head that they are not Arsenal.
This is where Unai earns his money keeping this lot focused because an attitude its only Bournemouth will see us reduce effort by 10% , that will be fatal.

I don't think it will stop us against Lilly but the weekend will be tough against Bournemouth who are in top form. Try as we and the players will to take them as seriously as Arsenal, it is all in the head that they are not Arsenal.
This is where Unai earns his money keeping this lot focused because an attitude its only Bournemouth will see us reduce effort by 10% , that will be fatal.
I think looking at the table keeps us focused. We can almost touch 4th place now and I don't think there'll be any let up now.

I think looking at the table keeps us focused. We can almost touch 4th place now and I don't think there'll be any let up now.
In theory no, but in practice, its only Bournemouth is in the head, they'll be up for Lille but having done Arsenal, Lille will not hold the same fear and that is when levels drop by a fraction.

In theory no, but in practice, its only Bournemouth is in the head, they'll be up for Lille but having done Arsenal, Lille will not hold the same fear and that is when levels drop by a fraction.
Make no mistakes this has the potential to be a banana skin. Our recent results against this lot are not encouraging, and their manager has set them up too frustrate the opposition. This won't be easy. Arsenal have come and gone, time to get the head right again and put in another shift.

The start of another Euro adventure...at Manchester airport for our flight to Brussels, then a bus across to Lille! Looks like plenty of Villans are doing the same, plenty of claret n blue in terminal 3 this morning! Been to Warsaw and Ajax but this feels different being 2nd leg and knockout...the old nerves will soon be jangling!! Could be another great away day hot on the heels of Sunday....here's hoping! COYVB.....:utv::utv::utv::utv:

The start of another Euro adventure...at Manchester airport for our flight to Brussels, then a bus across to Lille! Looks like plenty of Villans are doing the same, plenty of claret n blue in terminal 3 this morning! Been to Warsaw and Ajax but this feels different being 2nd leg and knockout...the old nerves will soon be jangling!! Could be another great away day hot on the heels of Sunday....here's hoping! COYVB.....:utv::utv::utv::utv:
Have a great trip , and bring home the semi final spot.

That's an order.

Luiz will be itching to get back on the grass in this game - seems to have helped McGinn and freshen him up that ban - hopefully be similar with Luiz. Be very interesting to see if Watkins starts or do you go with Duran? Lots to think about for Emery.

Absolutely has to be full strength.

I'd go with the same side as Sunday with Luiz in for Rogers who probably could do with a rest.

Would be nice to get Cash and Duran some minutes if we're cruising.

Super Bailey on standby if we're struggling.

Yes agree - id go with Luiz for Teilemens tho - keep him for Bournemouth
No longer care about the personnel in the team, I'm all about Unai's masterplan - the guy's a fecking genius, he could probably do it with the U18 players :ROFLMAO:

In all seriousness, think Cash will be at RB, think Carlos had some minor issues on Sunday and will be rested (seem to remember him holding his leg and limping at some stage late in the game). Not sure if yellow cards will play any part because a few are one card away from a ban.

Looks like we're home for the first leg of the semi final if we get through, so potentially more of the same drama.

No longer care about the personnel in the team, I'm all about Unai's masterplan - the guy's a fecking genius, he could probably do it with the U18 players :ROFLMAO:

In all seriousness, think Cash will be at RB, think Carlos had some minor issues on Sunday and will be rested (seem to remember him holding his leg and limping at some stage late in the game). Not sure if yellow cards will play any part because a few are one card away from a ban.

Looks like we're home for the first leg of the semi final if we get through, so potentially more of the same drama.
One of the great things is we have 3 CBs who have top European pedigree w/ two of them winning the Europa Lge plus a WC winning GK and Youri winning the FA Cup. So a few lads who have knock out experience and I forgot we have Zaniolo who has won this very competition already.