Europa Conference League 2023/4 | Page 224 | Vital Football

Europa Conference League 2023/4

Latest odds.

Kinda hoping we get Fiorentina or Lille as I fancy us to beat anyone over 2 legs. Save the easier opposition for the final.

1000027179.jpg

Just a few lines from the BBC report ….

Aston Villa thrashed Ajax at a raucous Villa Park to move into the Europa Conference League quarter-finals - their first appearance in the last eight of a major European competition since 1998.

He urged the fans to play their part, and they certainly did with the match played in a
superb atmosphere at a sold-out stadium.

Thoroughly enjoyable match and wouldn’t have missed it for the world.
Ouch….this will hurt! Surprised there’s no mention of the great banter from the Ajax following though…you know, Dutch fans singing ironically in perfect English about it being like a library…:unsure:

Happy with that result and performance after Sunday. Were Ajax shit or did we make them look like that? Lots of positives to take and good news it's only a cut with Ollie.
Ajax are a pale shadow of their former greatness but you can only beat what’s in front of you. You have to bounce back whoever the opposition after a bad result and we’ve done it yet again under Emery. We’ve rarely done it in the past twenty years! As you say mate, plenty of positives last night.

Great result. How did Rogers play?
He was ok got booked by the clown in Orange and got subbed at HT to save him being the one sent off,
Their number 16 being the one this week, he should have gone last week for persistent fouling.

I enjoyed that game and it was never in doubt, loved the power of Duran. What a player this kid is going to be , a young Benteke on steroids!

Ouch….this will hurt! Surprised there’s no mention of the great banter from the Ajax following though…you know, Dutch fans singing ironically in perfect English about it being like a library…:unsure:
I was actually embarrassed on behalf of the site in what was said last night against all others thoughts and opinions. Imagine fans of other clubs looking and reading that after a fine win in a European competition, they’d be mystified. Why it just can’t be left for those that want to enjoy the thread and competition rather than having that sort of thing to read as soon as you log on post match.

Is the draw seeded? I'd rather go with the luck of the draw but UEFA doesn't tend to work like that.
It can't be, only 8 teams left but we'll get Fiorentina or Fenerbahçe I expect.
Mind you if we can knock out these two in the next two rounds we might get a club in the final who don't have any fans

We should probably say a big thank you to West ham on Sunday -

This is the top 10 as of March 14 at the end of the round-of-16 stage.
1. Italy, 17.714
2. Germany, 16.357
3. England, 16.250
4. France, 14.750
5. Spain, 14.187
6. Czechia, 13.250
7. Belgium, 13.200
8. Turkey, 11.500
9. Portugal, 10.1666
10. Netherlands, 10.000

Italy is in a very strong position with four teams active and is pretty secure to get one of the two places.

West Ham ousting Freiburg means England is now almost certain to finish in the top two.

England has five teams still active, with only two of those in the UCL. Germany has three left in, but two are in the UCL. Points are easier to come by outside the UCL, so England should finish second bar shock results.

Well McGinn busted his balls as he usually does but what a fucking piss poor Ajax team, we were luck to draw them. As for the draw today, realistically we have many injuries and the players will be striving for fourth place in the league, I know a cup is a cup but will the priority shift for Villa to focus solely on the league? I now wonder if the release of Philogene Bidace was misplaced as he would have fitted in the middle in place of Kamara or the now banned McGinn.
Still we are having a great season are we not.............
Philogene is a winger though so I couldn't see him playing centre mid.

It will be interesting to see how Unai goes about replacing SJM though.

I was actually embarrassed on behalf of the site in what was said last night against all others thoughts and opinions. Imagine fans of other clubs looking and reading that after a fine win in a European competition, they’d be mystified. Why it just can’t be left for those that want to enjoy the thread and competition rather than having that sort of thing to read as soon as you log on post match.
Yes, it's almost as if there was disappoinment that we won.

Philogene is a winger though so I couldn't see him playing centre mid.

It will be interesting to see how Unai goes about replacing SJM though.
We'll definitely miss his energy, he was at his best last night and fortunately, unlike Sunday, he wasn't on his own for effort. Think Tim will get the nod unless he has another masterplan lined up

We'll definitely miss his energy, he was at his best last night and fortunately, unlike Sunday, he wasn't on his own for effort. Think Tim will get the nod unless he has another masterplan lined up
Tim or Youri I would think , with Diaby playing off the striker.

FYI.

The draws for the Champions League quarter-finals, semi-finals and final will all take place at 11:00 GMT.

They will be followed by the Europa League and Europa Conference League draws at 12:00 GMT and 13:00 GMT respectively.

We will, of course, bring you all the draws as they happen.