Europa Conference League 2023/4 | Page 22 | Vital Football

Europa Conference League 2023/4

Hibs would be a good one to go, but doubt there will be much availability of tickets as it will be well over subscribed I’d have thought. Only worry is Hibs would be bang up for it, typical Scots hating the English and all so a potential banana skin but probably still better than going to some far flung part of Eastern Europe or Israel (which I find ridiculous are a member of UEFA)

Apparently Hibs have given Luzern the whole of their south stand which is 4000 seats. Though as we'd be a bigger draw maybe we wouldn't get as much.

Looking at the Hibs squad and there's 2 ex villa academy boys. Jake Doyle-Hayes and Harry McKirdy. Somehow they've also got Adam Le Fondre as well who I assumed must have retired but has apparently been playing in Australia and India before joining Hibs this summer. The glamour of European competition eh.

Looking at the Hibs squad and there's 2 ex villa academy boys. Jake Doyle-Hayes and Harry McKirdy. Somehow they've also got Adam Le Fondre as well who I assumed must have retired but has apparently been playing in Australia and India before joining Hibs this summer. The glamour of European competition eh.

I was wondering where Jake Doyle-Hayes ended up, there was a bit of excitement about him if I remember correctly then he just vanished.

Hibs would be a good one to go, but doubt there will be much availability of tickets as it will be well over subscribed I’d have thought. Only worry is Hibs would be bang up for it, typical Scots hating the English and all so a potential banana skin but probably still better than going to some far flung part of Eastern Europe or Israel (which I find ridiculous are a member of UEFA)
After WW2 no Arabs would play Israel, EUFA in their wisdom accepted them. I wonder what would happen if they had to play them in the world cup.

I was wondering where Jake Doyle-Hayes ended up, there was a bit of excitement about him if I remember correctly then he just vanished.

Yeah, he came through at the same time as Cal O'Hare.

All the hype was around O'Hare but I always personally thought Doyle Hayes was a big player in the making...

.... History tells us they were actually both shit. 😂

Yeah, he came through at the same time as Cal O'Hare.

All the hype was around O'Hare but I always personally thought Doyle Hayes was a big player in the making...

.... History tells us they were actually both shit. 😂
A bit harsh there Deano :LOL: . Just not the level that we now aspire to. Great to see these lads make a living out of the game, so many are just lost forever.

I don't think it matters too much, we're a huge scalp to any team at this stage of the competition. Looking at the dismantling Liverpool gave Rangers I'd be pretty confident we'll get past Hibs comfortably too. I don't think it'll be easy but I do think be comfortable.

My distinction is that Hibs will be full-blooded and hard into every tackle. They'll make it very uncomfortable and probably have a proper go against us. Our quality will shine right through. Our midfield will completely dominate them.

He was part of the generation that we kept around playing for the under 23s till they in their early 20s. I remember him playing in a couple of early league cup ties but not standing out bar being neat and tidy on the ball.

Callum O'Hare might have been playing in the Premier league by now if not for a very nasty injury as he has been excellent for Coventry.