EU Citizenship rights - Will you apply? | Vital Football

EU Citizenship rights - Will you apply?

kefkat

Vital Football Legend
So the EU is talking/considering how to give the 48% who voted remain European rights to live work/regularly visit etc. through citizenship! Would you apply for citizenship is the purpose of the poll?

Discuss further as to why you would and so on.

This has been talked about for a while: this article is from a day ago in The Independent. So would you apply for EU Citizenship and why if your 1 of the 48.11 %

For those who are part of the 51.89 % they reckon there maybe objections over this? Why if it doesn't affect you would you object?

....................................................................................................................

Brits should not lose EU citizenship rights after Brexit, leaked European Parliament plan says
The resolution stating the Parliament's position on Brexit is likely to be passed by MEPs

......................................................................................................................

The European Union should look to make sure British people keep the individual rights and advantages of EU citizenship after Brexit, the European Parliament is set to agree.

A leaked draft resolution to be put to the Parliament by its chief negotiator following the triggering of Article 50 will call on the EU-27 to preserve freedom of movement and other such rights “within the limits of Union primary law” once Britain leaves.

The Independent reported proposals last year to give British citizens “associate citizenship” of the EU, an idea since personally championed by the Parliament’s negotiations lead Guy Verhofstadt.

Cont: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-keep-european-citizenship-free-movement-passport-article-50-european-parliament-leaked-a7656281.html

None of the above. I'm moving to Spain soon so I would like citizenship however I don't want Britain to be in the EU.

As the article says, the chances of that happening are remote. I'd need to know a hell of a lot more before forming an opinion if I'm honest.

I don't need freedom of movement work wise, so can't really see any other benefits for doing so.

Sasquatch - 30/3/2017 19:42

None of the above. I'm moving to Spain soon so I would like citizenship however I don't want Britain to be in the EU.

So you are off to an EU country but you don't want Britain in the EU .... Wow.

Wurzel - 31/3/2017 08:02

It isn't going to happen, and what is the point?

Indeed, sir, indeed.

The problem with Brexit is the idea that Britain can have its cake and eat it. For Britons to be entitled to EU citizenship, European would have to be entitled to British citizenship. That's not going to happen.

Buckle up for a hard Brexit.

Wooo wooo

Apply to become a citizen of the European State of Germany?...... No thanks.

I don't want to live, work or visit regularly.

And for those reasons, I'm OUT.......

:14:

Of course, quite a few Brits already have dual nationality on account of having Irish parents or grandparents.
And anyone born in Northern Ireland can have either a British or Irish passport (or indeed both).
Last year there was a 40% increase in applications for Irish passports from UK residents, caused in part by the results of the referendum.
So, for anyone concerned, it's worth checking out the family history and if you've an Irish granny, you'll not need to join the "Aliens" queue when holidaying in Majorca.

The Fear - 31/3/2017 09:54

JuanPabloAngel - 31/3/2017 00:50

villasince67 - 30/3/2017 23:40

So you are off to an EU country but you don't want Britain in the EU .... Wow.

:110:

Mind blowing isn't it?

Be ironic if our exit blocks his wishes to go :3:

Amazing how people can say how bad the EU is yet they still want one of the key component of the union - free movement. Of course they think there is too much immigration though.. except when they are the ones who want to immigrate to a new country

This whole Brevity rubbish (can't stand the word Brexit) is pushing me more and more towards a position I didn't want to be in........marrying my Irish partner for duel citizenship and applying on behalf of my daughter.

I was happy with my life as it was.

lewis1980 - 31/3/2017 13:00
.......marrying my Irish partner for duel citizenship and applying on behalf of my daughter.

I was happy with my life as it was.

I'd have a close look at the Irish passport qualifications before such a rash move.

As for someone wanting to gain citizenship in an EU country and being for Britain leaving the EU - it's not incompatible despite the angry remain rants

Can someone please explain to me what benefits having an EU passport over a UK passport will grant?

The EU ones were smaller than the old UK ones and fit easier into my pocket.

Hope that helps Wurzel?

(I might be starting to feel a bit silly and giddy as my holiday is close!!!!!!!!!)

The Fear - 30/3/2017 20:37

The EU ones were smaller than the old UK ones and fit easier into my pocket.

Hope that helps Wurzel?

(I might be starting to feel a bit silly and giddy as my holiday is close!!!!!!!!!)

Oh,..... you going on holiday JF?........

You never said...

:83: :17: