Erik Pieters | Vital Football

Erik Pieters

officemonkey

Vital Champions League
I see he's another one we've missed out on by a bigger club. Signed for Stoke after we scouted him for 39 years.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/football-potters-snap-pieters-191326371.html

We're alright for full backs, no need to get our knickers in a twist over every transfer that occurs this summer

I think we think we're ok now if we have one player for every position. It's a luxury after having none for so long.

st-pedros-basin - 3/7/2013 11:02

We're alright for full backs, no need to get our knickers in a twist over every transfer that occurs this summer

We've got Debuchy and Santon. One is a right back, the other is a right winger.

We've got Haidara, Anita can play full back as well as Mbiwa. There's plenty of other positions to gripe about, We need a proper reserve keeper, a couple of strikers, a winger and another CB...
I'm sure the best Director of Football in the country EVER! has got this all under control though

I had forgotten Haidara TBH. Someone to create something (anything) when Cabs goes would be nice as well.

ManxMag - 3/7/2013 11:29

I had forgotten Haidara TBH. Someone to create something (anything) when Cabs goes would be nice as well.

Yeah, I forgot about him too, so my apologies.

I certainly wouldn't class Anita or Mbiwa as left backs either.

We certainly need a keeper, 2 strikers and creative midfielder as a bare minimum. Plus if Williamson goes we need another centre half as Taylor won't remain fit all season.

Santon and Hadiara are our left backs, with Debuchy covered by Anita or Mbiwa on the other flank.
Not ideal, but we have far bigger fish to fry

If Kebab goes, Anita will get a regular spot or Ben Arfa will get the promise of a more central role, and we'll end up recruiting a tin pot out of contract ,unproven foreign bairn or a crock as winger. We know how it rolls.

st-pedros-basin - 3/7/2013 11:49

If Kebab goes, Anita will get a regular spot or Ben Arfa will get the promise of a more central role, and we'll end up recruiting a tin pot out of contract ,unproven foreign bairn or a crock as winger. We know how it rolls.

There's always Obertan

I make our squad as follows if the people are sold who shouldn't be anywhere near a PL club.

Krul

Colocinni
Santon
Mbiwa
Haidara
Debuchy
Taylor

Cabaye
Sissoko
Anita
Ben Arfa
Marveaux
Jonas
Bigirimana
Tiote

Gouffran
Cisse

That makes 17 players. God knows where Rabit has got the idea we have 28 first team players and we need not panic about signing anybody.

This is part of the reason I refuse to accept Perch's departure as a bad decision. He's by no stretch of the imagination good enough for the Prem, never was and never will be. He should've never been signed in the first place and he's now back at his level. For me it's a positive step to let him go and allow better players to come through. Quality over quantity every time

Selling Perch is a BRILLIANT move as he is easily in the top 1 worst players I have ever witnessed. 'Players' like him and Williamson should be nowhere near the top 18 leagues.

However, we need bodies or substantial quality through the door. Rabit complains that we're near our quota but all you need to do is simply not register the likes of Obertan and ship them out.

Our squad is littered with dross, bargain bucket players. A reflection of our bastard of a owners tatty stores.
Some fans buy into these players, championing them as underdogs and wanking over their sub-standard performances because they "got stuck in" "tried their best" and "didn't fuck up this time"
I'm not that sort of fan

It started with Sibieski, I'm aware he was a Shepherd signing but that's the beginning in when our standards started to drop. Now it seems any old fucknut can get a game providing they've got a pair of boots