Erik Lamela - Former Player Thread | Page 3 | Vital Football

Erik Lamela - Former Player Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
He has been through the mill and has emotional and physical issues to get over. Losing a dog has certainly upset me over the years and for someone of perhaps more fragile mental resilience it could be very difficult.

I think how long it took him to settle here was an indicator. Not to be taken lightly these days. Mental health is brushed under the carpet far too much .

He is what he is. He has struggled since he arrived. And making friends with Soldado probably didn't help.

Nick Real Deal - 24/1/2017 00:48

If struggling is making 16 key passes at one point more than any other Spurs player then yes he has struggled.

Struggled mentally. He was playing well. They have had his parents shipped over, had Soldado looking after him. The list goes on.

As I say that a report is posted saying Lamela wants to leave and ideally return to Roma. If he does want to leave I think its a shame but if he isn't happy in London then the move would be a right one.

It's just a shame that I don't have any faith in us to find a decent replacement.

Matic - 24/1/2017 16:24

As I say that a report is posted saying Lamela wants to leave and ideally return to Roma. If he does want to leave I think its a shame but if he isn't happy in London then the move would be a right one.

It's just a shame that I don't have any faith in us to find a decent replacement.

We will, it's why we were after Zaha in the summer - Lamela and his agent have manipulated the situation like mad; Roma want him back, he wants to go back, but bringing about a deal that they're prepared to buy at and we're prepared to sell at, is another matter entirely.

There will be more leaks soon enough and Lamela will have to come clean or knuckle down.

Exactly my thoughts Matic, I rate Lamela and think he's important to our team but realistically he could be replaceable (as could most of our team) but I just can't see us going out and spending on a replacement.

Maybe a swap deal involving Salah ;)

Spursex - 24/1/2017 16:32

We will, it's why we were after Zaha in the summer - Lamela and his agent have manipulated the situation like mad; Roma want him back, he wants to go back, but bringing about a deal that they're prepared to buy at and we're prepared to sell at, is another matter entirely.

There will be more leaks soon enough and Lamela will have to come clean or knuckle down.

Zaha is not what I would class as a decent replacement when compared to Lamela. Replacing the creativity Lamela does provide is what I doubt we will replace. I can't see us spending on Zaha now we have Sissoko... unless he gets sold.

arrivederci to roma.......not man enough, home sick, dog sick, injury sick, too long to settle in sick, ...return on investment/contribution has been flawed most of the time.

Won't be missed, replace with a bloke.

And so this is allegedly what's been said today...

http://soccer-rumours.com/?story=17&buying=7&selling=15&player=2

Erik Lamela unhappy at Tottenham, says agent.
Posted 24 Jan 2017 by Sara Davidson.

Tottenham star Erik Lamela is 'extremely unhappy' at the club, according to his agent.

'Lamela isn't receiving the respect that he deserves', his agent said. 'He could play for any of the top clubs in Europe.'

The statements come on the back of reports that Atletico Madrid were willing to purchase the Spurs winger for €27 million.

During a press conference this morning, Tottenham boss Mauricio Pochettino refused to comment on Lamela's future at the club.
- See more at: http://soccer-rumours.com/?story=17&buying=7&selling=15&player=2#sthash.S9UY89N0.dpuf

Matic - 24/1/2017 16:57

Spursex - 24/1/2017 16:32

Zaha is not what I would class as a decent replacement when compared to Lamela. Replacing the creativity Lamela does provide is what I doubt we will replace. I can't see us spending on Zaha now we have Sissoko... unless he gets sold.

Zaha's season (so far) stats stand up to almost everyone/anyone...and he continues to improve.

he has almost everything we currently lack....

He'd be an affordable, improving class addition to our squad, but of course it will mean we say goodbye to Lamela..

Nick Real Deal - 23/1/2017 22:00

He has been through the mill and has emotional and physical issues to get over. Losing a dog has certainly upset me over the years and for someone of perhaps more fragile mental resilience it could be very difficult.

All depends on how you see a dog or any animal. For me personally my dogs are my family.

I know one thing I have lost many people in my life and a few dogs. Apart from losing my mum losing my dogs was more heart breaking than losing an uncle, friend or grand parent.

Spursex - 24/1/2017 19:46

And so this is allegedly what's been said today...

http://soccer-rumours.com/?story=17&buying=7&selling=15&player=2

Erik Lamela unhappy at Tottenham, says agent.
Posted 24 Jan 2017 by Sara Davidson.

Tottenham star Erik Lamela is 'extremely unhappy' at the club, according to his agent.

'Lamela isn't receiving the respect that he deserves', his agent said. 'He could play for any of the top clubs in Europe.'

The statements come on the back of reports that Atletico Madrid were willing to purchase the Spurs winger for €27 million.

During a press conference this morning, Tottenham boss Mauricio Pochettino refused to comment on Lamela's future at the club.
- See more at: http://soccer-rumours.com/?story=17&buying=7&selling=15&player=2#sthash.S9UY89N0.dpuf

One thing we have learnt over the last few years, Poch doesn't like this sort of thing. He likes things done quietly and professionally.

Lamela will be sold.

Real Deal - 24/1/2017 20:13

Nick Real Deal - 23/1/2017 22:00

All depends on how you see a dog or any animal. For me personally my dogs are my family.

I know one thing I have lost many people in my life and a few dogs. Apart from losing my mum losing my dogs was more heart breaking than losing an uncle, friend or grand parent.

I agree RD . All dogs are different and some are so in tune with you. They have different senses to us. The one I have at the moment I dread losing. She is such fun, makes me laugh and is so playful. Devoted to me, the missus not so much.....excellent.

Status
Not open for further replies.