England | Vital Football

England

Jonnysking

Vital 1st Team Regular
Was it just me, or was anyone else bored rigid watching Englands 4-0 victory today?
Why do they pass it backwards and sideways so much?

Neither of those were penalties, don't get me wrong i want England to win, but there's no need to keep going down every time we get in the box especially against inferior opposition like Bulgaria.

Was it just me, or was anyone else bored rigid watching Englands 4-0 victory today?
Why do they pass it backwards and sideways so much?
That's the shite that's lobbed down our throats as 'the way the game should be played' It wants cloddin out as the football model. Baz it back to the continent and bring back real football.
Mind if 52% of us want it chuckin back it won't be brought in as the minority pull the strings nowadays.

We need more players like Sterling against teams like Bulgaria who set up to defend. The best way to defeat negative tactics is with a positive game. Passing sideways and backwards and hoping for a break is boring, get at them with a decent winger and turn the defenders is the way to do it. Sterling had them in knots, although I am not his greatest fan, last night he stood up and was counted, he turned their defence around, got to the line and pulled back the pass. There is a time for patience and passing but it bores the pants off the fans, but an exciting winger is a joy to watch.

Please take note Mr Cook. Don't just pump balls into the box and hope, get your wingers to take on the defenders and beat them and bring some excitement into our dull lives.

Passing sideways and backwards and hoping for a break is boring, get at them with a decent winger and turn the defenders is the way to do it. Sterling had them in knots

When they did that with Sterling and Rashford they looked good, and gave a little bit of excitement in an otherwise boring and drab performance.

Time was I’d be giddy as a kipper at the prospect of an England game and be looking forward to it for a week or so in advance, I just couldn’t be arsed yesterday....and flicked it on a few times ‘between overs’ at the cricket......Intl qualification is so overblown these days and like others have said it’s only games at finals tournaments that get my attention now.

Until it gets to tournament football there’s no excitement. Then we’ll do ok until we play a team who’s midfield can keep possession and be creative and get knocked out. Henderson and Rice looked very poor to me, both very basic and struggle to create anything. I’m surprised Maddison didn’t get a chance and even Grealish from Villa. They’re both better technically and a lot more creative.