England | Vital Football

England

I did like Big Sam's after match interview though. Not the usual diplomatic rubbish spouted by previous England managers.

Agree about Sam post match Nobby. We may not be as pretty as under Roy but I think we will be harder to beat.

I only saw the last half an hour,but once Skrtel went off we looked like scoring.It`s too early really to say same old really as it`s only one game,but i`m glad we got a late winner.It looked like one of those 0-1 wins that no one will remember,but the three points are welcome.

Agreed Razor, it always concerns me when a player is shoe horned into a side based on reputation when the manager doesn't even know his best position. It's a similar problem to the Gerrard/Lampard scenario. One was always going to be playing out of position.
I just love Sam's honesty and passion. As Vambo says, I think we'll be harder to beat and have more spirit under him. May not be pretty but I don't think they'll be allowed to capitulate as easily as we have in the last two tournaments.

Time will tell, I for one, will be right behind him.

RazorC - 4/9/2016 21:44

Allardyce's post match comments about Rooney are worrying though

My guess is that Allardyce meant that he was given a free role and was allowed to float into whatever position he wanted by tactical design. You'd like to think the rest of the team were briefed that Rooney was allowed to do this and therefore they should react to him and presumably look out for him in random bits of "dangerous" spaces. The problem is, he found space in non-dangerous areas. He should be told to float and play a free role in the final third of the pitch only....