England Women Playing Football. | Vital Football

England Women Playing Football.

I wish BBC would concentrate on getting more England's men Football and Cricket live on their channels as oppose to showing the current matches of which I have no interest.

Having said that its like trying to stop them having their biased political views which is also not going to change.

They could show the men a thing or two.

Rex. There lies the problem. It could be refreshing but all they do its try to copy men's football in every way which is why I find it tedious.
Presenting, interviews, adverts, tattoo's and even the boring sideways passing.

There is that. Fouling, diving appealing etc. has been picked up from the men's game.

On the other hand, their game is more dynamic; they are constantly moving into position to pick up the loose ball or collect a pass. They also press the opposition more intensively. And they take their chances.

I cannot get into watching womens football at all, will never interest me, maybe thats me not moving with the times but it just simply doesnt excite me watching a much tamer slower paced game.

There is that. Fouling, diving appealing etc. has been picked up from the men's game.

On the other hand, their game is more dynamic; they are constantly moving into position to pick up the loose ball or collect a pass. They also press the opposition more intensively. And they take their chances.

From little I have seen ( after MOTD and watching 10 mins ) there are more goals as standard of goalkeeping is poor.

I watched the match last night and a little bit of the game v Austria.

Last night's match was definitely not slower paced than the mens game. Where the men are stronger and tackle more robustly, the women move more; the midfield and attack seemed to be on the go all the time.

There are men with better ball skills than any of the women but the women are pretty well all consistently good and better than the less skilful men.

Yes, the opposition was poor. Notice I have made no mention of the goals scored because that was more a reflection of the weak defence from Norway. However, a major contributing factor was that England kept attacking whereas the men tend to hang back when they're ahead. Probably a reflection of the more robust play and greater risk of injury.

The male and female games are different but there is much to enjoy as well as be frustrated with in both.

I still would prefer BBC to spend money on getting International Cricket ( men's )
back on the screen.
The recent exciting England v India T20 OR Austria v N Ireland ladies.
Tough choice.

Rex. There lies the problem. It could be refreshing but all they do its try to copy men's football in every way which is why I find it tedious.
Presenting, interviews, adverts, tattoo's and even the boring sideways passing.
Fortunately for me, I am really enjoying this year's Euro's and find the pace very exiting. I don't believe that it is being copied, just that it is the same game being played by a different set of players.

Fortunately for me, I am really enjoying this year's Euro's and find the pace very exiting. I don't believe that it is being copied, just that it is the same game being played by a different set of players.

I have not seen any of Euros as not at all interested but from the bbc web site ( biased I know ) and the bits I see after MOTD, I can only comment on the way it is covered / players act and its very familiar.
They had a chance to be different but are just another set of players / media acting in exactly the same way. I find that disappointing and depressing.

From little I have seen ( after MOTD and watching 10 mins ) there are more goals as standard of goalkeeping is poor.
The goalkeeping is a joke. They look like children when they dive. I must admit thought that the female footballers can cross the ball which most male footballers can't seem to do now days.