England v Iceland | Vital Football

England v Iceland

Wayne.Kerr

Vital Champions League
Thank heavens: I wasn't really looking forward to playing Portugal. That said, Iceland will be no walkover seeing as we couldn't score against Slovakia.

We have a better chance than if we were playing Portugal. Just need to put out our best side...

I would rather we played Portugal, I can see us finding it very hard to break Iceland down
Please please don't play Henderson, Wilshere or Sterling

I think we'll finaly dole out the spanking that we deserved to give to all of Russia, Wales and Slovakia.

Don't agree that we were poor in any of the games so far and all we didn't do was get the ball in the net. 60 or more chances and we scored only 3 goals. We arsenal'd it basically.

If we play the same against Iceland it's only so long till we get the goals we deserve.

Problem is we're struggling against defensive displays. Iceland stick 10 behind the ball it will be the same old.

I`m a lot happier playing Iceland than Portugal,as Ronaldo has just come into form.We also haven`t beaten them since 1966 in tournament Football.Iceland will be quite defensive,but I feel more confident playing them.

No we are not. We have created more than 60 chances against defensive displays. We created 29 chances against slovakia alone. More than enough to win about 3 Matches. We just need to start scoring them. Given we have some strikers In amazing form this year in the league it's a matter of time before they start firing.... :64:

I reckon it'll either go to penalties in another Slovakia type game or we'll finally stick the chances in the game and not be Arsenal anymore and win 3-0/4-0. I'd still prefer playing them to Portugal as although they would attack more and so more space in behind, they also have a certain Ronaldo playing up front and out defence is the weak point.

Tough opponents! Some years ago played them of a very wet pitch in the North Atlantic. Fish were thrown, the Navy got called in and we lost 1-0.