England tonight | Vital Football

England tonight

Hardy31

Vital Squad Member
Yes, they are winning 1 - 0, but I am watching so much boring sideways, back passes, we are boring.

You must be watching a different game to me. They're like Brazil 1970. Admittedly, I haven't been watching much apart from Gills lately, but still.

From a exciles view point its easy on the eye.
Good possession that frustrates the opposition. Ability to pick a good pass.
The change from defence to attack for the fourth goal shows how their playing without fear.
Far better than previous incarnations of England.
Not world beaters but got something about them that could become a top class side.

Scotland played lots of long forward passes last night...

I’d say England were professional first half. Controlled it, got to 2-0 and the Czechs now having a go but leaving space allowing England to be bit more expansive. Some of it is a bit sloppy but 5-0 up after 85 minutes after not playing particularly well is ok with me. This isn’t Andorra or San Marino we’re playing.

Talking of Scotland, I almost did a post on them after their loss to the mighty Khazaks.

I used to love watching Scotland lose, esp in the '78 world cup. However, they've been so shit for so long it's just not fun any more. A bit like a cat playing with a half dead mouse for amusement but the mouse has now expired.

Anyone else now feel sorry for them?

To put it into prospective, we would have drawn or even lost to them two or three years ago.
Ok so maybe got a boring 1-0 but you get my drift

To be honest, I thought the opposition were pretty woeful - their defence could not handle the pace of the England players although the pen was a bit harsh. If this is the standard of this group then we will not even break sweat to win it.

I don't think the penalty was harsh, their number two clearly backs into our player when he has no chance of being in ball playing distance. Try and see if you can watch a replay a couple of times.