England - National Team Discussion | Vital Football

England - National Team Discussion

D

Departed

I think Southgate is the man to take them to Russia.

:15:

At least the jug eared retard Bale won't be at the next WC telling everyone how the Welsh spirit is sooooooooooooooooooo much better than the English. :3: :18:

Big Chiv - 9/10/2017 21:57

At least the jug eared retard Bale won't be at the next WC telling everyone how the Welsh spirit is sooooooooooooooooooo much better than the English. :3: :18:

Or the genetically inferior Scots... :10: :17:

(TBH, I still can't believe Strachan used that as an excuse).

I laughed at Scotland failing as half of the want independence I laughed even more at Wales because of their players laughing and cheering when Iceland beat us. Congratulations to Iceland , remarkable achievement from their population.

Spursex - 10/10/2017 10:28

Big Chiv - 9/10/2017 21:57

Or the genetically inferior Scots... :10: :17:

(TBH, I still can't believe Strachan used that as an excuse).

Strachan is right though. They are behind us in evolution and civilisation .

Southgate should be sacked now, any clown could have got England through that group, if he remains in charge for the WC , the team will be back home before the postcards.

The England performances have been horrendous, there is no point in pretending otherwise, and there is no point in pretending that Southgate has any right to be England manager, his other managerial roles proved he was just a bit sh ite, no more no less.

Big Chiv - 11/10/2017 21:38

Southgate should be sacked now, any clown could have got England through that group, if he remains in charge for the WC , the team will be back home before the postcards.

The England performances have been horrendous, there is no point in pretending otherwise, and there is no point in pretending that Southgate has any right to be England manager, his other managerial roles proved he was just a bit sh ite, no more no less.

I really don't know the answer to this; so few English managers have had the opportunity to manage in the PL in recent years and the ones that have, are hardly inspiring either - I could just about get behind Big Sam as he has over the years shown he knows how to bring a team together - the problem is of course that even with experience they're never put in charge of clubs who think they can challenge for things....

The foreign option has proved just as pathetic.

So, in Southgates defence, at least he got the U21's to a final - I can't see any other option other than to start bringing our U-17's u-19's and U-21 coaches into some sort of career progression for the full job, as they at least in recent years have shown that they can get a pretty decent tune out of our youngsters at a tournament and if/as they progress, they should have respect for the coaches along the way - even if they haven't managed at PL level..

Southgate I believe will have a different approach to the tournament compared with qualifying. Let's see what our group is like.

Why they didnt get zaha to play for england I never know.

Southgate is not the man to lead this team. The relief on his face when we scrape past a crap nation is embarrassing. Any top coach would be angry and scold the players for being so ****.

Southgate is a yes man but he is at least trying some different formations and players. When did other managers do that?

I still think Martinez would do well for England. Of course there is the Hod......

Taricco the yid - 12/10/2017 17:11

Why they didnt get zaha to play for england I never know.

Southgate is not the man to lead this team. The relief on his face when we scrape past a crap nation is embarrassing. Any top coach would be angry and scold the players for being so ****.

I spoke with one of thedirectors at CP not so long ago over a beer and asked that very same question; the answer was too crass for words in my book; we don't 'try' to persuade we just say 'we're England' and if you don't want to play for us, we're fine with that.

Obviously, I'm paraphrasing and hence countries who want to scoop them up, just give them the old 'you'll be a hero here' and you'll probably qualify for every major tournament and we'll promise you every commercial endorsement under the sun - and so it pays off...

Also regardless of manager this group of players will accomplish nothing. They're simply not good enough.

Somebody needs to be looking to Belgium. How has a country so small produced so many high quality players?!

gus poyet - 13/10/2017 14:21

Also regardless of manager this group of players will accomplish nothing. They're simply not good enough.

Somebody needs to be looking to Belgium. How has a country so small produced so many high quality players?!

read an article today, where Frank de Boar had an explanation for Belguim's success:

http://www.goal.com/story/the-demise-of-dutch-football/index.html

"If you look at Belgium. All the boys – Jan Vertonghen, Toby Aldeweireld, Eden Hazard, Marouane Fellaini - all those players left Belgium early and look at their generation now.

"I think now because you are not tested in Holland, you will be tested with the good players at a better level at Chelsea, Arsenal or Man Utd wherever and you get to a better level.

"But it is a gamble because football now is a business. If you are not performing as a young boy, they will just buy someone who will fit in straight away. So, it’s not easy to take your chance. In Holland, at least you have your chance.”

The issue of course, is how do we get our youngest and brightest to test themselves against the best if the coaches have no reason to blood them in the Premier league i.e. take a chance on them - bear in mind their job depends on results, NOT nurturing talent that may put their club at risk?!!

The time perhaps has come when our younger England squads are really performing so well that we have to force the PL into fielding a quota of English players in every game and not just a set number in the squad?

gus poyet - 13/10/2017 14:21

We all know this group of players is not the best group we've ever had.

We all know this group of players is most unlikely to ever win an international trophy.

We all know this group of players is not however, ranked as one of the worst in the world, but will perform like the worst in the world at the next WC under a gormless, yes man, safe as houses, won't rock the boat good FA clown appointment like Southgate.

Southgit has exactly the same level of uselessness as Woy and Shchteve, and will prove that fact to all and sundry this summer.

Yawn.

Well, he's done it before I ever thought he would, but Winks is growing at an incredible rate.

He was the pivotal player for us last night against one of the best CM pairings in the World; but he constantly looked to be positive and drive forward, he wasn't over-awed and his passing stats were the best on the pitch.

He has to be one of the first names on the England team sheet from now on, let along 'just' in the WC squad.

I've talked about him for years but he is surpassing everything I thought could happen for him, best of all his Dad is a nutter Spurs fan and so is Winks, if anyone deserves a round of he's "one of our own ", it's this lad.

Spursex - 18/10/2017 09:54

Well, he's done it before I ever thought he would, but Winks is growing at an incredible rate.

He was the pivotal player for us last night against one of the best CM pairings in the World; but he constantly looked to be positive and drive forward, he wasn't over-awed and his passing stats were the best on the pitch.

He has to be one of the first names on the England team sheet from now on, let along 'just' in the WC squad.

I've talked about him for years but he is surpassing everything I thought could happen for him, best of all his Dad is a nutter Spurs fan and so is Winks, if anyone deserves a round of he's "one of our own ", it's this lad.

That is the most impressive part of his game to me, always trying to drive the ball forwards.

Please keep him away from Southgit and boring boring England, they'll knock that out of him soon enough, no place for mavericks who go against the grain, never has been, starting with the managers themselves.

Kroos passing stats were better I believe Ex but fact he's even in the discussion is incredible. Think he'll be my favourite Spurs player when he nails down his first team spot, which he's got to be close to doing now.