End of season retained list | Vital Football

End of season retained list

Peak Rover

Vital Reserves Team
Even with my powerful red and white striped specs on and a consultation with the pantomime fairy I am finally resigned to watching Championship football next season. In my opinion the JTW is now irrelevant. Even the retained list is going to be a difficult thing taking into account contracts/wages. The two players who would perhaps command good fees from PL teams Berge n JOC may not have time to prove their match fitness, so fees not as high as we might expect. I can't see any Pl team taking on any of the rest of the squad on this season's performances. Even on our lower wages some of the championship teams wouldn't be able to take them on. So where Is the money going to come from bring about the much needed refreshment of the squad. By the way I would try to return Ampadu as we are not going to sign him and put his wages to someone we could use next season.
Happier New Year to all of us

Aren't most of the squad sitting on lengthy contracts, so could be difficult to move on. Hopefully the contracts included a relegation clause who knows.

Cheerio:

Norwood
Berge
Mousset
Lowe
Foderingham

Fuck right off:

Jagielka
Luncunt
Rodwell
Bryan
Moore
Robinson

Keep:

Ramsdale
Verrips
Baldock
Basham
Egan
O'Connell
Norrington
Stevens
Bogle
Fleck
Osborn
Freeman
McBurnie
Brewster
McGoldrick
Burke
Sharp

Sign:

About 5 good players with good character and hunger, to keep the squad fresh and motivated.

A lot can change from now til the end of the season, including the manager.

I'd expect all those whose contracts run out to be gone, that's Moore, Bryan, Jags, Lundstram and Rodwell. Egan and Baldock to be sold and 30 odd millions worth of talent in Moose and Berge to be loaned out to clubs that can pay their wages and raise their values. Although I think Moose is a lost cause.

Foderingham, Lowe and Jack Robinson should be binned off, but they'll either be retained or loaned out.

RND, Freeman and Slater brought back into the squad, so we're looking at seven or eight new players being brought in.

Try and get money for.

Norwood
Berge
Mousset
Lowe
Robinson
Osborne

Release

Jagielka
Bryan
Lundstram, out of contract
Rodwell
Moore
Verrips
EVery scout currently employed

Keep:

Ramsdale
Baldock
Basham
Egan
O'Connell
Norrington
Stevens
Bogle
Fleck Depends how he finishes the season, if still acting the **** add to the for sale list
Freeman, Think he will be sold but would keep
McBurnie
Brewster
McGoldrick
Burke
Sharp
Slater

BRING IN
Depending on Freeman and Fleck, a keeper, 4/5 midfield players, with at least 2 creative players. New scouts

Should be enough to get us battling for top 2 depending on signings.

Last edited:
Foderingham, Lowe and Jack Robinson should be binned off, but they'll either be retained or loaned out.

Robinson is one who will 100% be staying, especially if Wilder does.

He's decent Championship cover to be fair. But no doubt he'll end up playing too much.

Egan is one I'd sell if we get a decent offer but I think that is extremely unlikely.

Robinson is one who will 100% be staying, especially if Wilder does.

He's decent Championship cover to be fair. But no doubt he'll end up playing too much.

Egan is one I'd sell if we get a decent offer but I think that is extremely unlikely.

Robinson annoys me, he's been outmuscled a couple of times recently, gets wrong sided and moans like fuck. I really want rid but I think Wilder likes him. His distribution and first touch are also awful. I cant imagine any team being able to play out of the back with him.

Robinson annoys me, he's been outmuscled a couple of times recently, gets wrong sided and moans like fuck. I really want rid but I think Wilder likes him. His distribution and first touch are also awful. I cant imagine any team being able to play out of the back with him.

He's a ratty, dirty little bastard as well. Always got a great chance of a red card.

His effort to cut out that ball to DCL in the first half was an embarrassment and exposed him for what he is.

But I also think Wilder likes him, he's just his sort. No way he leaves if Wilder doesn't. So I think we have much more of him to look forward to.

What will happen with Baldock and Bogle? We surely can't keep both in the Championship?

Baldock signed a contract while we were right in the shit we're currently in, so I assume he's happy enough to stick around. I would expect bits of interest in him though.

But I don't see us gladly selling him knowing we have Bogle waiting, when he's been ignored all season, and is probably a bit too skillful for us.

As I alluded to in the original post the number of contracted players give little wriggle room for next season. Does it matter that we break Derby record I think not. So careful planning required and not panicking. and buying 4th or 5th. choices. I expect some of the contracted players will want away because of lack of match time. In JTW We should take 2 championship loaners who might be willing to want to test their abilities in PL and we could see if they gelled with our retainees. The loaners should be with option to buy not obliged to buy. No more Hammond's thank you. This option is better than loaning Lingard type loans.

Try and get money for.

Norwood free
Berge 15 million
Mousset 4 million
Lowe 1 million
Robinson 200,000
Osborne 1million
fleck 3 million
baldock 10 million
goldie 500,000

coaching role/player if needed
sharp

Release

Jagielka
Bryan
Lundstram, out of contract
Rodwell
Moore
Verrips
EVery scout currently employed

Keep:

Ramsdale

Basham
Egan
O'Connell
Norrington
Stevens
Bogle

Freeman, Think he will be sold but would keep
McBurnie
Brewster

Burke

Slater.

BRING IN
, a keeper, 4/5 midfield players, with at least 2 creative players two goal scorers centre half. New scouts

Should be enough to get us battling for top 2 depending on signings.