'End' of Season Awards? WTF? | Vital Football

'End' of Season Awards? WTF?

Our goal of the season has yet to be scored.

But out of the four my favourite would be Snoddy's if only for the joyous pandemonium it created.

If this was the 1st of April and not the 22nd of the month I could understand it. How the hell do these things get past senior managers at the club,or is it them who thought it up.
Dumb.

It does happen every year before the season ends.
Probably because after the final game the players are away so fast after that final whistle , probably don't even have a shower or get changed

Better now than right before the last game or play-offs. I see Albert got players player, while Chessie got supporters player. Grealish got goal of the season. Now it’s over the players and staff can all focus on the job at hand...

It does happen every year before the season ends.
Probably because after the final game the players are away so fast after that final whistle , probably don't even have a shower or get changed

Yes, they all have end of season meetings booked with their agents and off shore bank managers.

Given we are currently at a stage of the season where players should be focused on their final 4 or 5 games....

Maybe they should leave it and let the plaudits arrive after the elation or disappointment of the seasons end.

It was also the PFA awards last night and the teams of the season were announced a couple of weeks ago .

Ithink the PFA voting slips are sent in February as well .

Fair play to James Chester - consistency personified for the past two seasons.

I must say, I thought Snoddy's goal was better than Grealish's. As was Hourihane's against Small Heath.

But as sirdennis said elsewhere on the forum, hopefully the goal of the season has yet to be scored. Last-minute in the play-off final will do for me, as long as it's the winner!

Chester is certainly a worthy winner. Rock solid all season. The amount of times he's nicked the ball away from some attacker running at him, where if he makes a wrong move the opposition are clear in on goal is ridiculous.

A load of bollocks - all awards are a load of bollocks, it only happens in certain fields. Self congratulatory bullshit. The timing of certain award ceremonies just adds insult.