Elliott Whitehouse | Vital Football

Elliott Whitehouse

New gold dream

Vital Squad Member
Exactly what we need some midfield energy into our attack
By the sound of it very rated by a number of clubs with cash to splash
Welcome to Lincoln City Elliott you have made the right choice

Yes. Weclome Elliott. Looking forward to seeing you play and all the best for your time at Lincoln. Great place ,great supporters , hopefully great team.

I think this becomes self-perpetuating, with the more that we sign better players, the more that they become attracted to us as a club.

I think we are building momentum and things tend to snowball, better players means better results and then bigger crowds, if we can beat Alty and get to round 2 that would boost the budget even further.

Cool. 1 2/3 seasons, in effect.

You can see it now, though. The Cowleys get us promoted and then leave for bigger things taking the best players they signed with them.

NottyImp - 21/10/2016 09:28

You can see it now, though. The Cowleys get us promoted and then leave for bigger things taking the best players they signed with them.

Like they did at Concord and Braintree (apart from the promotion.) Unlike Braintree, i hope we get decent money when it happens

SIMJON - 21/10/2016 09:34

Like they did at Concord and Braintree (apart from the promotion.) Unlike Braintree, i hope we get decent money when it happens

Absolutely, and managers do it all the time, of course.

NottyImp - 21/10/2016 09:43

It had it's advantages too. "We're going places, come and be part of it" ... players signing for managers rather than clubs. Let's face it the attraction is the Cowleys more than Lincoln.

This Summer will be when we hopefully sign more quality players on 2 year deals - expiring after the Cowleys may have moved on (but hopefully not).

Just enjoy the ride and let Bob and Clive worry about continuity. I have lots of faith in Clive as I think most if not all of us have.

NottyImp - 21/10/2016 09:43

Successful managers move on to bigger and better things unsuccessful ones join the managerial failure merry go round until they run out of options and no one else will employ them. Some get to that point quicker than others of course. Very few move on to bigger and better things. You just have to be grateful they passed through your club and moved you forward if they were one of the few successful managers.