Egan | Vital Football

Egan

Peak Rover

Vital Reserves Team
According to teports Egan put on a 5 star performance for R of I. Was he advertising his potential to Prem clubs.

Playing in back three with Coleman and Duffy might be the reason.
Playing to your squads strengths who would have thought.

Last edited:
He played as the left CB in a deep block back five flanked by Enda and Duffy. In front of him were Cullen and Hendrick shielding.

I don't think Egan's turned into a bad player he just doesn't suit Jokanovic's tactics. Not many of our players do.

I posted that he was playing out of his skin for Ireland last week against better quality players than he’s facing in the Championship.

Maybe he’s just brassed off at the Lane and wants away. He hasn’t just started playing below par, he was off his game most games last season so it’s not just down to the current manager.

He just isn't that good and never was.

He fitted perfectly into the central role in a 3 and performed brilliantly, along with a few others.

But now the club's dead, so is he.

🎙️ Ireland manager Stephen Kenny on John Egan

"In my opinion, I think John Egan could play in the Champions League.”

🌟 High praise for our boy!

🎙️ Ireland manager Stephen Kenny on John Egan

"In my opinion, I think John Egan could play in the Champions League.”

🌟 High praise for our boy!
That's him definitely on his bike in January then. Probably the best thing for all concerned, the same goes for Baldock, Stevens, Norwood, Fleck, Freeman, McBurnie, Brewster, Moosee and Robinson. They all need a new start and we desperately need more players like Bash and MGW who want to be here and do well for the club. My guess is that most of them will pick up their careers again after they leave us but what's happening right now is doing nobody any favours. The malaise, doubt and even a whiff of self-pity in some cases seems to have spread through the squad like Covid and even 2 or 3 of our loan players seem to be infected.

That's him definitely on his bike in January then. Probably the best thing for all concerned, the same goes for Baldock, Stevens, Norwood, Fleck, Freeman, McBurnie, Brewster, Moosee and Robinson. They all need a new start and we desperately need more players like Bash and MGW who want to be here and do well for the club. My guess is that most of them will pick up their careers again after they leave us but what's happening right now is doing nobody any favours. The malaise, doubt and even a whiff of self-pity in some cases seems to have spread through the squad like Covid and even 2 or 3 of our loan players seem to be infected.
Wouldn't want them in the trenches at the side of me G/b

Egan, Baldock, Stevens, Norwood, Fleck, , McBurnie, Brewster all sat on contracts and a decent wedge they won't move unless they get a similar deal. Moose, Freeman and Robinson nothing to stop them running their deals down till July. Unless they pay them up which defeats the object.

I know i'm in the minority of probably one when i say this but i want Rhian to stay Gray. I can see there's a player in there but i do agree he hasn't shown much to us yet on the pitch but i'd like to see him get a run of games in the starting line up. UTB

I know i'm in the minority of probably one when i say this but i want Rhian to stay Gray. I can see there's a player in there but i do agree he hasn't shown much to us yet on the pitch but i'd like to see him get a run of games in the starting line up. UTB
Do you think we’re in a position where we can gamble on a player who has scored 1 league goal in 18 months rod personally I’d say aren’t we need to scrap for every point atm Rhian doesn’t strike me as that type of player, maybe with another 10 pts on the board but this position is shaky to say the least

Do you think we’re in a position where we can gamble on a player who has scored 1 league goal in 18 months rod personally I’d say aren’t we need to scrap for every point atm Rhian doesn’t strike me as that type of player, maybe with another 10 pts on the board but this position is shaky to say the least
I just think he's got talent and if he did go and started doing well for someone else then the club would get slaughtered for selling him on the cheap/forcing him out. I know he's not shown a lot up to now but i want to see him get a regular run in the side for at least half a dozen games mi owd pal. I'm not thinking we will go down but i do know there's a possibility we could despite what some on here think i'm not totally thick or deluded. I've seen him working back to help the defence at times when he's been out wide but i want to see him at the other end after all we have international defenders, 2 of whom kept Ronaldo off the score sheet the other day.Like i said in post 17 i realise i would probably be the only one who was thinking like this but that doesn't mean i'm wrong abart Rhian's talent mi owd pal. UTB