EFL Retained Lists | Vital Football

EFL Retained Lists

Any thoughts on an early Imps prediction?

Questions over Mandriou, Bishop, Sorensen any others out of contract?

Believe Adelakun and Montsma are also out of contract.

I suspect we’ll trigger an extension in Lasse’s contract, if it exists, in the hope of getting a fee.

As for the others, I can see both sides of the argument in terms of keeping them or letting them go.

I suspect players like Brown, Eyoma & Smith will be told they can leave. Although I’d keep Eyoma as a back up, I doubt he’ll want another season of warming the bench.

Jordan Wright, too - hasn’t let us down but is firmly second choice, so it wouldn’t surprise me if he requested to go.

Believe Adelakun and Montsma are also out of contract.

I suspect we’ll trigger an extension in Lasse’s contract, if it exists, in the hope of getting a fee.

As for the others, I can see both sides of the argument in terms of keeping them or letting them go.

I suspect players like Brown, Eyoma & Smith will be told they can leave. Although I’d keep Eyoma as a back up, I doubt he’ll want another season of warming the bench.

Jordan Wright, too - hasn’t let us down but is firmly second choice, so it wouldn’t surprise me if he requested to go.
We might have to keep Wright in case Jensen leaves.

I think the issue is we don’t know who’s out of contract! Football manager has it down as just Bishop and Montsma who are first team players out of contract. (Treating Adelakun as leaving as announced when he joined Doncaster.)

In terms of letting people leave, it’ll be Brown and Smith. Eyoma has been fantastic, could play for most league 1 teams regularly, so understand he may want to leave - but I hope he doesn’t.

Northampton fans only seem concerned about Sam Sherring there. I don’t remember much about him other than 23 year old CB
On the League One Forum a Cobblers fan said the following:

Can see Sam Sherring going to a big L1 club, Charlton, Barnsley etc. Would be delighted if he stayed though.

He has been very solid for us despite playing with a number of different CB partners at times. Has suffered with the odd injury issue, but in general he has played quite a bit in his time here and is well thought of by all.

At first I thought he could push to be in the championship but I think upper end of L1 is where he is at currently. Hes comfortable on the ball and still actually defends well. Turns 24 next week so means we would not get any compensation sadly, but the perfect age signing for anyone really, room to improve and has sell on value. Think it would be an astute signing for anyone at this level.

Port Vale seem to have pretty much everyone still under contract, which is perhaps not ideal when going down and with a different manager.

Port Vale seem to have pretty much everyone still under contract, which is perhaps not ideal when going down and with a different manager.
There’s a lot of anger at David Flitcroft for how he ran the club as DoF. They think it’ll take a few years to sort his mess out.